Flatmates (3)

Mello pov

I was drunk and lonely at the party. Y/N was so good at mingling with guests, I was no good at that and I felt jealous. I ended up in my room, making out with some guy I kind of knew. I just wanted to feel something (not that something) I just needed to feel wanted.

I heard the door open and hit against my shelves. I turned my head and saw Y/N standing there. She looked crushed, and left quickly, apologising.

"Shit!" I shouted, and moved off the guy. He sat up and tried to kiss me again but I shoved him away from me.

"What the fuck, Mello?!"

I didn't reply, just hurried out of my room to find her. I went to her room first and knocked on the door, calling her name.

"Go away!" She shouted.

"I'm coming in!" I shouted back.

"No, don't!"

I heard movement and when I opened the door she blocked it so it only opened half way.

"Y/N, I'm sorry you had to see that."

"What?! I don't care, why would I care?"

"Oh...right, of course."

I went away, like she wanted. That guy came over to me but I told him to fuck off and kept walking. I went out onto the balcony, luckily it was empty of people.

I sat down and put my head in my hands as tears trickled down my face. I thought she'd looked hurt but I guess I was wrong. Not that I ever wanted to hurt her, but part of me had hoped it meant she liked me back.

I'd blown it now. Why did she walk in right then? No, the real question was why did I do it? That guy was ok, but I really liked Y/N. What had I been thinking?

I sat out there until the music stopped and I heard people leaving, saying their goodbyes and thanks and all that. The balcony door open and Matt sat beside me.

"Why are you out here all alone? Your eyes are all red. Mello, are you ok?"

I shook my head.

"No. Y/N saw me making out with some guy. I don't even like him, I like Y/N but..."

"Then tell her." He said.

"I can't. She wouldn't..."

"You can. I didn't want to interfere, but she does. She already told me."

"Really?"

"Yes. So go tell her right now."

I stood up to go back inside.

"Oh but Mello, make sure you apologise. And keep in mind that she'll be hurting right now."

"Yeah, thanks Matt."

"Good luck Mello."