Angel Eyes (2)

We sat down opposite my group's usual spot. He held his hand out to shake mine.

"Hi, I'm Mello."

"I'm Y/N. It's really nice to meet you. Mello...I like that. That's the name of my favourite chocolate tea cakes."

"Oh my god, I love chocolate!" He exclaimed.

I almost replied that I knew, but just managed to stop myself. I'd forgotten to mention that before, he always ate chocolate.

"Same, I love it too much."

"Chocolate deserves all the love," He said seriously and I held back a smile. "Anyway, I'm very glad to meet you too. I've wanted to for a while, but you were always surrounded by guys."

"Yeah my gay guys can't enough of me."

"I noticed. The guys I come here with are all douchebags anyway. I come here hoping to meet someone else but I haven't until now. My friend Matt is cool but this isn't really his scene. The others are weird about me liking a girl, as if I'm betraying them somehow because I'm bi," He glared into his glass.

"Ugh I know what you mean. Well my friends don't care but I've met some cool people in here who were kind of biphobic. Like' oh do you really like girls though?' What did they think, I say it for a laugh? In a fucking gay bar and I still have to hear that."

I shook my head and noticed he was staring at me intensely.

"Sorry, I got a bit carried away. I tend to."

"No, you're amazing! I love your passion. Don't apologise for that."

"Thanks," I said and we both went quiet. I took a few sips of my drink and looked up into his eyes which were still focused on me.

"You have the eyes of an angel."

Oh my god, did I actually just say that?

I was embarrassed but he burst into laughter.

"I've been called many things in my life, but never an angel. You've no idea of the trouble I've caused."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Noooo, I don't believe that," I said.

"Oh you'll see, Y/N."

I grinned at the implication of his words. I didn't care what trouble he'd caused, only that I might get to know him.

Conveniently, the song changed right at that moment, to Your Disco Needs You by Kylie.

"I love this song!"

"I think that dancefloor needs us. Coming?" He asked, standing up and holding his hand out again. I took it and followed him. For all the times I'd seen him here, I'd never seen him dance, but he was good. Really good actually. All I could think of was that saying about knowing a guy is good in bed if he's a good dancer.

My friends arrived and waved as they walked past us, but didn't interfere. Our dancing was getting more saucy and damn he was getting hotter with each move. He asked if I wanted another drink or to keep dancing.

"More dancing!"

He smiled in agreement, then took my hand and twirled me. I laughed as he spun me back around then pulled me in close to him.

I was facing him again and I put my arms around his neck/shoulders (not in a choking way) and smiled up at him. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and then we were kissing, while swaying to the music. We smiled at each other like idiots when our lips broke apart.

"I think this could be the start of something," He said.

"I didn't know we're in High School Musical," I said, laughing.

He looked confused so I just kissed him again.