Untitled Mafia Fic (5)

[The song has nothing to with the fic, unless you think I'm a maniac]

I became Mello's official girlfriend [lol even I'm laughing at that and I'm writing it] and gained a load more respect from everyone at the mafia. I'd rather earn my earn my own respect but I could certainly deal with being known as his girl.

Everything was great for a while until I started to suspect he was up to something and hiding it from me. Not cheating, he knew if he did that I'd slap the head off him, he loved me too much anyway. There was definitely something weird going on with him though. I'd tried asking him but he was a stubborn mule and just got bitchy if I pushed it. I was a quiet person though who could sneak around and eavesdrop. I caught him in a private room with Rod, they were being quiet of course so all I heard was 'plan' and 'Kira' which was completely useless to me since I already knew we were trying to find a killer known as Kira.

"Just do everything exactly as planned," I heard Mello say as he opened the door and found me standing there. How did he move so quick?

"Why are you spying on me?"

"I know you're up to something, just tell me."

"Are you two ok?" Rod asked.

"Yes, leave us," Mello ordered and waited until he was gone before continuing.

"I'm trying to catch Kira, you know that."

"You're keeping something from me."

"It's a new plan but it's none of your business. Just do your own work. I never told you every little plan."

"This is different, I can feel it's more dangerous. And it is my business, you're my boyfriend and I don't want to lose you. No, I can't lose you."

"Fine, I might blow the place up, including myself. Now you know, so quit nagging me."

"You can't just blow yourself up, are you insane?"

"I can do what I want. I'm the boss here."

"Yeah, well I'm your girlfriend! You can't just leave me!"

"I need to do this, Y/N. For justice."

"Oh please Mello, you don't give a shit about justice, you're just holding a stupid grudge against this sheep boy and you're gonna get yourself killed, it's fucking ridiculous. I need you."

"I'll be fine, I promise."

"How do you know that?"

"I just will."

I wanted to slap him but I'd lost my energy and I was about to cry, so I turned and ran away to the shower room where I hid under a sink and cried. I remembered I had vodka in my bag so I started drinking, thinking I may as well become an alcoholic if I was going to lose him.

I loved him so much, I didn't want him to get hurt or die. I was already crazy, I'd go crazier without him.