Patrick Imagine: Held Up Pt. 4

"Patrick, we need to start planning the funeral." Pete said softly.

"No." Patrick mumbled softly. He was wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. He looked so fragile, delicate, and broken. How could someone break Patrick?

"Patrick, I know you wish she wasn't dead, but she's gone." Pete reasoned.

"She's not supposed to be! She was taken from me by a man who also took my son's ability to walk!" Patrick yelled.

"James is coming home today. Should be here soon. You need to be strong for him if you can't do it for himself."

"He was used to seeing his mother, not me. I can't help him." Pete put his hand on Patrick's back.

"That's why the guys and I are here to help." He said.

"It's never gonna be the same. (Y/N) died in front of our son. He saw her die. His innocence is gone, he'll never grow up normal. His whole life is just gonna be...held up."

"But life moves on and we must move with it."

"And in time, I know we will, but the process is gonna be hard. I don't know if I'm ready for that."

"Hey, we're ready." Patrick nodded his head just as the door opened. Both men looked at the door and forced smiles on their tired faces.

"Welcome home buddy." Patrick said walking over to his son. James sat in his new form of transportation. Joe wheeled him closer to his father with a somber looking his face.

"You feelin' better champ?" Pete asked standing next to Patrick. James averted his eyes to his lap.

"I want to sleep." He mumbled.

"Sure buddy." Patrick said slowly. Joe pushed James to his room and left everyone wonder,

What now?