Pete Imagine: Let Me Keep You

You sat on the hood of Pete's car with your knees pulled up to your chest. You rested your chin on your knees and sighed. You were leaving for college tomorrow and that meant you were leaving behind your middle school sweetheart, Pete. You took out your phone and dialed Pete's number.

"Baby? What's up?" He asked, answering on the third ring.

"In sitting on your car right now outside your house and I just realized I'm gonna miss you so freaking much." You explained sadly.

"Hey, stay down there. I wanna take you somewhere. What are you wearing right now?"

"A tank top and skinny jeans."

"I'll bring you a sweater. It's gonna get cold." He hung up and within five minutes, he stood in front of you.

"In the car beautiful. I have a surprise for you." Pete smiled, kissing you. You slid into the passenger seat and Pete in the drivers.

"So a surprise huh?" You asked, smirking at the black haired boy.

"Yeah. I hope you like it." He smiled.

"Pete, if it's coming from you, I'm positive I'll like it." Pete took your hand with his free one and brought it up to his lips for a kiss.

"I love you (Y/N)." He said.

"And I love you, Petey." You replied. When the car stopped, you and Pete were in the woods.

"Oh god, is this one of those 'if I can't have you no one else can' things? Cause I choose life." You joked, getting out of the car. Pete chuckled and shook his head, following suit.

"(Y/N), when I found out you were going to (Dream School), I got to thinking, 'man I gotta get in there', so I did. I am studying at (Dream School)!" He explained. Your mouth fell open.

"Oh my gosh are you serious?" You asked excitedly.

"Yeah. I just wanted to be selfish and keep you to myself for a little while."

"Oh Pete, I could care less if you wanted to keep me to yourself for eternity! I can't believe we're going to college together!" You laughed and launched yourself into your boyfriends arms. Pete kissed you and slipped something over your head. It was a sweatshirt.

"You always said you wanted to wear my college sweatshirt. Sorry it's the same as yours." He smiled. You rolled your eyes and put on the sweatshirt properly.

"It's yours and I love it." You said sincerely. You hugged Pete one more time and kissed his cheek.

"I love you so much Petey." You muttered.

"I love you too baby doll." Pete smiled.