Patrick Imagine: Held Up

Requested by thelittlewolf45

You picked a black jacket and inspected it. Warm, strong, and a loving texture. Hopefully this would keep Patrick warm on tour. He was set to leave for a series of concerts next week and you wanted to get him something nice along with James, your guys' 8 year old son. James ran over to you holding a black fedora.

"Mommy, can I buy this for daddy?" He asked excitedly.

"Sure kiddo. I'm sure your dad would love another fedora." You smiled. You picked the jacket and led James to the check out area. You smiled at the woman and nodded at her in acknowledgement. James was swinging on your legs as you paid. Just then, the store doors flew open and a man with a hoodie and a gun came in.

"Everyone down!" He yelled. You looked down at James in fear and grabbed him tightly. You both fell to the floor as the man walked around.

"Alright, here's how this works. I want everyone's money now! I want everyone to be quiet. And I want everyone to be still. I always get what I want because guess what, I'm the one with the gun." He sneered. You shut your eyes out of fear and covered James's with your hand. He didn't need to see this kind of evil. You heard the man's heavy footsteps walk around the store and heard the sound of people's wallets opening. By the time he got to you, he'd robbed everyone else.

"Gimme your cash, lady." He barked. You nodded and and reached into your bag, pulling out your wallet. You handed the man the three hundred dollar bills and couple of singles you carried.

"That's it?! Obviously you've gotta have more than that. You think I'm dumb sweetheart? I know who you are. You're important people." He said. You bit your lip and looked down.

"The rest of my money is on my credit card." You whimpered. The man slapped you and James's eyes went wide.

"Hey, you can't do that you jerk!" He yelled. You got a worried look on your face and tried to put your hand over his mouth. The gun man narrowed his eyes at James and before you knew it, one shot rang out and James started crying.

He'd just shot your little boy in the leg.

Conceiving was hard for you for some reason unknown. James was such a miracle. You and Patrick had been trying for nearly two years when he finally came. He was the first pregnancy that lasted full term. He was your little angel. Now your angel was hurt. No one was taking him away from you.

You launched yourself on the gunman and tackled him to the floor. You attempted to get the gun away from him, but the man grabbed the gun and pointed it to your stomach.

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

You froze on the man until he pushed you off. Black spots filled your vision quickly, but you saw the man run away. You them looked over at James who was looking at you.

"Mommy, are you okay?" He asked. You gave a weak smile and held out your hand for him to take. James took your hand and you closed your eyes.

Patrick, please watch over our little angel. You thought.

Then you were gone.