Joe Imagine: Why Don't You Laugh?

"I swear to you. Her laugh box is broken!" Pete whispered to his friends at lunch.

"Come on, you're over reacting." Joe scoffed.

"Actually, Pete's right. (Y/N) doesn't laugh." Patrick agreed. Joe looked over at Andy who shrugged.

"You guys are ridiculous! Watch this." Joe said. He walked over to the table where you sat at lunch and slid in across from you.

"Hey there. Wanna hear a joke?" He asked.

"Sure?" You said hesitantly.

"Awesome! Okay, what do you call a cow with three legs? Lean steak!" Joe exclaimed. He expected to at least see a small smile and had to double take when that didn't happen.

"What's wrong? Didn't ya get it?" He asked.

"No I did. The cow is off balance due to the fact that it has 3 legs and cows make steak. Lean steak." You said. Joe looked at you with wide eyes and stood from his seat.

"I'm gonna make you laugh. That's a promise." He said softly. You smiled and watched him walk away.

For the whole week, Joe came up to you with corny jokes but none of them worked. On Friday, on your way home, Joe stopped you.

"Why don't you laugh? I mean, I know you're not uptight and I know you smile. Do you not like your laugh? If you don't, I can assure you that no laugh is ugly and I bet yours is beautiful. I mean, not beautiful but like very pretty! Oh what am I saying, I do mean beautiful. The point is, I think you have a beautiful laugh and you should let me hear it." He said rapidly. You smiled and let out a small chuckle. Joe froze and looked at you in surprise.

"That was a laugh! You just laughed!" He exclaimed. You then started to giggle.

"I laugh Joseph. Just...not as much as you would prefer, obviously." You chuckled. Joe smiled and kissed you quickly in the heat of the moment.

"I'll see you on Monday!" He said before running off.