Pete Imagine: The Break Down Pt. 4

*5 Years Later*

Pete's POV

"Dad, are you okay?" Bronx asked as I parked the car.

"No, but sometimes it's fine to not be okay." I sighed. I helped Bronx out of the car and held his hand. Today I had to watch him since Ashlee had some important business to attend to. I didn't expect it to fall on today, the 5 year anniversary since my (ex)wife and son died. I walked to the two head stones and took in a shaken breath. I wanted to collapse on my two feet but fought the urge. Not in front of Bronx. He didn't need to see his dad like that. I put down a bouquet of flows on (Y/N)'s grave and one on Danny's.

"Hey, (Y/N), Danny. How are you guys? I-I've been better. I brought Bronx with me this year. You guys remember him hopefully from the last time we talked. Well, um, it's been 5 years but I don't miss you guys any less. Um, Ashlee's pretty supportive of this yearly visit thing. You two could've been friends (Y/N). Oh Danny, so after a few months of work I finally got (favorite baseball team) to sign your bat and baseball. It wasn't easy, but worth it. I hope you appreciate that. (Y/N), the cancer support album sold out and the tour. At least half of the money is going to the national cancer foundation. We have our own wing in the hospital. The Wentz Lung Cancer wing. The doctors are so nice. They usually get superheroes to come in and talk to the kids. I got that idea from you Danny. I know how much you love superheroes. I even got the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Batman to sign a poster. I hung it up in your room. The guys all miss you two. I think Patrick took it the hardest right behind me. Well...I guess that's all I have to say. I miss you two so much and you have no idea. I love you guys and can't wait for the day until we're reunited." I spoke. When I was done I kissed the head of the tombstones.

"Daddy who are these people?" Bronx asked. I looked down at his curious eyes and sighed.

"One is your brother and daddy's old wife." I explained.

"I have a brother?"

"Yeah, he died 5 years ago today."

"Why?"

"Your brother had bad lungs. They didn't work like the ones you and me have. One day they just stopped working and he died."

"What about your old wife?"

"The same thing happened to her. She died a few months after your brother." I took a deep breath as the tears fell from my eyes. I tried not to let a sound slip from my mouth as the sobs shook my body. I felt two small arms wrap themselves around my waist and saw Bronx's head pressed tightly against my abdomen.

"I'm really sorry daddy." He said quietly. I let out a broken chuckle as I hugged him back.

"I'll be okay buddy. I love you." I sniffled.

"I love you too dad." Bronx and I walked back to the car. I buckled him up and then got in my seat proceeding to do the same. I drove onto the highway on my way home and started thinking more and more about Danny and (Y/N). I wiped my red eyes and focused on the road.

"So kiddo, what do you want for lunch?" I said to Bronx.

"What was Danny's favorite food?" He asked.

"Macaroni and cheese."

"Can I have that today?" I bit back a fresh wave of tears and nodded.

"Sure buddy. You can have all the Mac and cheese you want. Danny would've loved having you around." At that moment, as I got off the highway and drove past the green light, a car kept going and hit my side straight on. The glass from my door shattered as the car skidded on the side. My head hit the steering wheel and I felt a hot white pain in my abdomen. I looked down and saw a large piece of glass lodged in my stomach.

"B-Bronx...are you okay?" I wheezed attempting to turn to him.

"I'm fine daddy." Bronx said with wide eyes. I smiled and tasted blood in my mouth. I spat it in my pants leg and grimaced. This looked bad.

"Bronx, I think my phone flew in the backseat by you. Do you see it?" I said.

"Yeah." Bronx replied.

"Great, swipe across and click emergency call. After that dial 911. Tell them there has been an accident by the Dunken Donuts near the train station and you need help. Can you do that for me?"

"Okay dad." I sighed and leaned back against the seat as black dots blurred my vision.

"Good boy...you're a good boy Bronx...I love you." I mumbled before everything went black.

********************************

I opened my eyes to see I was in my house. I was in (Y/N) and I's bedroom, a room I haven't set foot in for 5 years. I turned and and (E/C) eyes staring into mine.

"(Y/N)?" I gasped.

"Hey baby." She smiled. I quickly sat up and leaned against the headboard. I studied her and noticed she looked healthy, right before the cancer hit her hard.

"What's happening? Where am I?" I asked.

"You kind of died Pete." (Y/N) explained.

"I'm dead? But Bronx, I left him there. He's in that car all alone."

"Bronx, he's very cute. Reminds me a lot like you."

"You've seen Bronx?"

"I've been watching you Pete. All these years I've been looking over you. I'm still so proud of you."

"If you're here, where's Danny?" As soon as I said that I heard footsteps barreling towards me.

"Dad! I missed you so much." Danny yelled jumping into my arms. His (H/C) hair was back on his head and there was actual light in his eyes. He was different this time, not sick.

"Daniel, I missed you so much." I smiled. Danny pulled out of the hug and gave me a sympathetic smile.

"I'm sorry you died dad; and you're right, I do like Bronx." He said. A few tears slipped from my eyes as I looked between (Y/N) and Danny.

"It's great to see you guys again." I sobbed. (Y/N) kissed my hand and held in on her warm cheek.

"Don't cry anymore Pete, we're together again. You'll always meet your family in the end. One day, hopefully a long time from now, Bronx will be here with us. Death doesn't mean the end, it's just a to be continued." She explained. I smiled, wrapping one arm around her waist and the other one around Danny's shoulder.

"This is the best continuation I've ever seen." I sighed happily. My family was finally back together.