Joe Imagine: Pretty In Punk

You fixed the microphone on the stand and plugged it into the amplifier.

"Hey there you, how you doing?" Patrick asked ruffling your (H/C) hair.

"Hey Stumpy. I'm pretty good actually I'm really excited about this gig." You smiled happily. Your half brother chuckled and kissed your forehead.

"We'll be there to watch you." He said.

"Cool. Hey, get on the drums and sound check 'em for me would ya?"

"Gotcha." Patrick ran to the drums and just started banging on them.

"Alright, we're good. Nathan and Kris already checked their guitars. Leave it to Damon to be running late. We need a new drummer." You sighed.

"Fuck you too then." Damon said throwing an arm around your shoulder. He kissed your cheek and grabbed his drumsticks from Patrick.

"Hurry up and get that voice ready missy. We better not suck tonight." He joked. You rolled your eyes and smiled at Patrick.

"So, Joe's gonna be there?" You asked hopefully. Everyone knew about you little crush/fling with Joe. You two kissed a couple of times and went on a few dates, but nothing serious. You couldn't even call it dating.

"(Y/N), I don't know to be honest with you. He's being hanging with Arianna a lot and...I just don't know." Patrick sighed.

"Arianna? He's been hanging with Arianna?" You stressed.

"Yeah. It just happened. No one understands it." You rolled your eyes once again and grabbed a mic.

"Whatever." You scoffed. Patrick wrapped an arm around your shoulder pulled you into a hug.

"I'm sure it's temporary." He assured you. You nodded half heartedly. Your day was just ruined.

*Show Time*

You stood back stage wearing a black band shirt and black skinny jeans. Your eyeliner was on point (curtesy of Pete) and you wore crimson red lipstick.

"You guys ready. Our first official gig as a band. We've had our ups and downs but I'm pretty sure we can do this. In 10 minutes we're taking that stage together, as a team. You guys with me?" You said. Nathan smiled and stood up.

"I'm with you. Outsiders stick together." He agreed. You all stood up and hugged. There was a knock from the door in the room you were preparing in and Joe stood at the frame.

"Hey guys. I just wanted to say good luck and hopefully talk to (Y/N)." Joe smiled. The guys said thank you and left you alone with Joe.

"Hey Joseph." You smiled.

"Hey (Y/N)." He said kissing your cheek.

"I didn't think you'd show."

"Me and Arianna wouldn't miss it." Your smile faltered when Joseph mentioned that Arianna was in this building to watch your show.

"Cool. I'm glad you two are here." You lied.

"Outsiders, you're on in 2 minutes." A man said peering into the room. You looked back at Joe and patted his shoulder.

"You better get to your spot." You said.

"Yeah, break a leg." Joe coughed awkwardly.

"I'll try not to." He left and you walked over to your band.

"Ready guys?" You asked.

"Born ready." Kris smiled.

"Yeah. Let's all try not to fuck up tonight, alright." Damon smirked.

"Always the positive Polly aren't you, asshole." Nathan joked, punching Damon in the shoulder lightly.

"Now presenting: The Outsiders." The announcer said. Your band walked out on the stage as the crowd cheered. You smiled and grabbed the microphone. You scanned the crowd and spotted Joe and Arianna. With a small scowl on your face, you cleared your throat.

"Hey everyone. We are the Outsiders. We had a whole set planned but I'm just gonna change it up a bit and start of with a favorite of mine. It's called Pretty In Punk by Fall Out Boy. I think you guys'll like it." You explained. Nathan started the rift as you saw the words in your mind.

Walking off that stage tonight
I know what you're thinking
"She stands alone because she's high on herself"
But if you only knew..

I was terrified and would you mind if I
sat next to you and watched you smile
So many kids but I only see you
And I don't think you notice me
Well I've seen your girlfriend
and I don't think she treats you right
But that's none of my business is it?

You glanced over at Joe who had a small smile on his face.

I'm not the way you think I am, no

You danced over to Damon's drum set and started head banging. The crowd apparently really liked that. You sang the rest of the song and at the end you smiled at everyone, eyes meeting Joe's highly amused ones. After the concert was gonna be interesting...

TO BE CONTINUED...