Pete Imagine: Mad Hatter Pt. 4

After tea, you and Pete walked to the entrance of Wonderland holding the hat that would send him home. You both talked about yourself, each falling harder for the other. You found yourself dreading the end of your adventure to the entrance because you knew Pete would leave and never come back. He secretly felt the same. When you finally reached the large mushroom, you knew you were here.

"So, this is your stop." You said softly. Pete frowned and looked over at you. Your whole aura had dropped as those words came out of your mouth.

"I can always visit right?" Pete asked.

"Peter, you know you can't." You sighed. Pete shook his head and looked at the hat in your hand. He placed it back on your head and kissed your forehead.

"No. I'm not leaving without you. I refuse to leave you here alone with these people who don't get you." Pete argued. You looked at him as tears filled your eyes.

"Oh Pete, it's not your time yet." You told him.

"What?" You just brought Pete's lips to yours and kissed him passionately. When you pulled back, he was confused.

"(Y/N), what are you doing?" He asked.

"Sending you home." You said sadly. You took off the hat and spun it.

"Wait, I don't want to leave you! Please! I think I love you!" Pete yelled. The tear fell from your eye as you pushed him into the hat.

"How can you love death?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pete opened his eyes to see he was in a hospital room.

"Where am I?" He asked.

"The hospital!" You piped up. Pete jumped as he looked at you, well a different version of you. This wasn't the mad hatter he'd seen before. You had (H/C) hair and you wore a white tshirt and blue jeans. Your (E/C) eyes were the only thing that stayed the same.

"Who are you?" Pete asked.

"I'm (Y/N). You hit your head pretty bad when you walked into that wall at the pizza shop. You had a sever concussion and were in the hospital for a few days." You explained.

"Why'd you stay? You don't even know me?"

"You had me worried. I thought you died."

"So, I've been here all this time?"

"Yeah. Why, did you think you were somewhere else?"

"Uh-huh. I...I was in Wonderland."

"That sounds beautiful."

"I left someone though, but I hope to find them here." You smiled at Pete and stood up.

"I hope you find them." You said honestly.

"Wait! Um...miss? Do you mind giving me your number? You seem so nice and I'd love to see you again." Pete asked before you left. You gave him a small smirk and put your number in his phone.

"I hope you call me soon." You said before leaving. Pete looked at the new contact and his heart nearly leapt out of his throat.

Mad Hatter 🎩