Pete Imagine: Pros & Cons of Breathing

You sighed and looked over at your boyfriend Pete who was writing on a piece of paper.

"What are you writing this time? Is it about how much you hate me?" You asked with a mixture of sadness and bitterness.

"Would you be surprised if it was?" Pete shot back. You wiped your eyes that were quickly filling with water.

"Did you take your medicine?" You asked.

"No. It messes with my writing." He replied.

"You should take it. It's good for you."

"(Y/N), I don't care if it saves my freaking life! I'm not taking it!" Pete yelled and it scared you so much that you stood up.

"I think I need to leave." You sobbed.

"Where?" Pete barked.

"I'm going to see a friend Pete. When I get back I hope you've taken your medicine and gotten your priorities together by the time I get back." You explained before leaving the house in tears. You drove to Patrick's house quickly. You knocked on the door and were let in by the friendly man with the sideburns.

"(Y/N) what's the matter?" He asked you.

"Pete's not taking his medicine and he's flipping out. He's been without it all week and I just want him better again. He won't listen to me Patrick. I want to leave him, but I love him!" You explained. Patrick sighed and put a hand on your shoulder.

"If he really loved you, he would take his pills and stop hurting you." He said.

"But I know he doesn't mean it. Pete is a sweetheart." You argued.

"I'm just giving my advice (Y/N). Take if you want." You stopped to think for a moment. Leaving Pete would mean the yelling would stop. No more "I hate you" or "I'm not gonna let you in because you don't understand". Maybe you would fine another relationship with someone more stable although you would miss the adorable little emo man.

"I'll definitely be thinking about it Patrick." You said before walking back to your car. You drove to your house and walked inside. You heard sobbing coming from the bedroom.

"Pete!" You called in alarm. You ran up the stairs to the bedroom where Pete was crying on the bed.

"Pete what's wrong?" You asked.

"I took my meds and realized what an ass I've been to you. (Y/N), I'm sorry. I was gonna come up here and kill myself, but I wrote a list." Pete sobbed.

"A list of what?"

"Reasons to kill myself and reasons to not. Like pros and cons." You looked at the cons and saw a long list of reasons.

"Baby..." You said softly.

"Look at the pro side." Pete instructed. You did as you were told and saw one thing written in big letters.

"You." You read smiling at Pete.

"You are the only reason I have to be here. Even if we're not together, I would never want you to hate me." Pete sniffled. You sat on Pete's lap and wrapped your arms around his neck.

"I'd never hate you Pete. I love you." You said kissing him.

"I love you too." Pete mumbled between the kiss. You pulled back and smiled at him.

"Aww, your eyeliners running!" You cooed, looking at the black streaks running down Pete's face.

"It's alright. I can reapply it." Pete shrugged with a smile on his black streaked face. You giggled and kissed him again.