Joe Imagine: Daylight

You sat on Joseph's lap with his arms around your waist and his face buried in your neck. The TV static was just buzzing until you turned it off. You sat in complete silence just enjoying your time with Joe.

"What time is it?" He mumbled into your neck. You looked at the digital clock that glowed in bright red.

"3:30. About 2 more hours until daylight." You said sadly. Joe tightened his grip on your waist.

"The nights going to fast. Somebody slow it down." He sighed. You turned to look at him. He stared at you in his arms and felt a pain in his heart.

"I know you'll be back Joe. I just know it." You said softly. Joe didn't answer back. Instead he just pulled you closer in a tight hug.

"We knew this day would come." Joe muttered.

"How did it come so fast?" You said before looking at Joe. His blue eyes were cloudy with sleep.

"You're getting tired. You should rest Joe." You worried.

"I'm trying not to sleep. I wanna spend my time with you." Joe replied kissing your forehead. You sighed and thought of something bittersweet.

"Soon this'll all be memories. This night that we're sharing." You said.

"Well this is a memory I'll cherish forever. I won't forget you (Y/N)." Joe promised. You felt the tears flood your eyes.

"And I won't forget you Joseph." You sniffled.

"Hell, even when your crying you're beautiful." He sighed pulling you in for another hug. You cried into his chest and clung onto his shirt.

"For all these years I've been afraid of the dark, but now, it's all that I want." You sobbed.

"I just want it dark too, baby." Joe said. Soon you both fell asleep and woke up to the sun in your eyes.

"Joe, wake up. It's d-daylight." You stuttered. Joe sat up and you saw the fear in his eyes.

"Go Joe. Everyone need you, I need you. Everything will be okay." You assured him. Joe looked between you and the door. The door he would walk out of and not see for who knows how long.

"I'll see you (Y/N)." He sighed. You gave a small smile and brushed off the shoulders of his uniform.

"Come home safe, soldier." You sniffled. Joe kissed you softly, before walking out of the house.

"I love you." You said with tears streaming down your face.

"I love you too beautiful." Joe replied before walking away.

A/N: I don't know why this came to my head when I heard this song but let's go with it. IM SO SORRY THIS WAS LATE. I hope you liked this.