Pref #21: You Break Up

Patrick:

(A/N: Teenage!Patrick)

You dropped your backpack down softly. Patrick looked up from his laptop and smiled at you from his spot on the bed.

"Hey." He said. You weakly smiled back, but it didn't reach your eyes. Patrick noticed it first.

"(Y/N), what's wrong? Did something happen?" He asked in concern, shutting his laptop. You bit your lip and turned your head. He was making this so hard.

"I can't do this anymore." You sobbed. He sat at the edge of the bed and looked into your eyes in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Patrick asked. You let out a loud sob and covered your mouth.

"Us...I can't do us anymore." You confessed.

"Are you breaking up with me?" He gasped. You just let the tears freely stream down your face. Patrick, ever the gentleman, got up and pulled you into a hug.

"There's someone else. I...I didn't mean to hurt you. Steve...he just found a way to get to me." You explained in between gasping breaths. Patrick smiled softly and wiped your tears away with his thumb.

"Steve is a great guy. If there's anyone is want you with after me, its him. I understand (Y/N), things just didn't work out." He said. You smiled and kissed his cheek.

"You are the most understanding person in the world Patrick Stump." You sniffled.

Joe:

"What do you mean, you don't love me?" You asked, tears threatening to spill.

"I mean, it directly translates. (Y/N), I like you and all, but it's not love. I'm sorry, but we should see other people." He sighed. You shook your head and let out a broken laugh.

"I can't believe this. I was with you for 4 years and now you chose to tell me you don't love me. I just...I won't believe it!" You cried. Joe stood at the door holding his suitcase, confused on how to handle the situation.

"If it makes you feel any better; it's not you, its me." Joe shrugged. You glared at him.

"No, it doesn't help. You can just go, Joe." You snapped. Joe nodded his head and opened the door.

"Bye, love." He mumbled before leaving.

Pete:

"Why? Why do you have to go?" Pete begged with tears filling his eyes.

"They need someone to run the office." You sighed.

"Why does it have to be you?" You faltered in your explanation and looked into Pete's glassy eyes. You grabbed both of his hands and continued.

"I worked for the company the longest and I know how it runs the best. I didn't choose this, Pete." You said. He let out a sob as the tears came out.

"Please don't go. I love you." He pleaded. You kissed his cheek and hugged him.

"I think we should break up." You suggested. Pete pulled out of the hug with a devastated look on his face.

"(Y/N), no." He sniffled.

"You'll miss me too much and you won't have time to be happy. Pete, you'll barely see me." You explained.

"Hey, I'll fly to Australia every damn weekend if I have to. I want to make this work."

"But I don't think we can. Pete, I'm breaking up with you." He let the tears fall as the voice over the P.A. spoke.

Flight 351 to Australia is now boarding.

Pete looked at you with sadness in his eyes.

"Maybe when I come back...if I come back...we can try again." You suggested. Pete just shrugged. You kissed him one last time before leaving.

Andy:

You took a deep breath and opened Andy's bedroom door.

"This isn't working and I'm breaking up with you." You announced in one breath. Andy paused his video game and turned to you.

"You thought so too? Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one." He sighed in relief.

"You that this was weird, right?"

"Yeah, it was too forced."

"Totally. Maybe we're just meant to be friends and if one day we fall for each other, so be it." Andy smiled and gave you a high five.

"This is great. You wanna play?" He asked holding out a controller. You took it with a smile.

"I'm gonna kick your ass." You taunted.