Pete Imagine: The Break Down Pt. 2

Pete's POV

I took off my tie and suit jacket before sitting on my bed. I just came back from Danny's funeral and I couldn't believe he was actually gone. (Y/N) had opted to staying in Danny's room after the funeral. She cried when we stepped into the church all the way to the burial ground and then, she just couldn't cry anymore. I walked into Danny's room to see (Y/N) cuddling up with a picture of she, Daniel, and I.

"(Y/N), what do you want for lunch. I can cook or order take out." I sniffed.

"I'm not hungry." She mumbled, numbly.

"You have to eat."

"I will, just not today." After she said that, a memory came to my head.

I walked to Daniel's door and listened in on the muffled sobbing.

"Danny? Can I come in?" I asked.

"Whatever." He said from the other side. I opened the door to find Danny in a soft gray hoodie and blue sweatpants.

"Mom made lasagna, your favorite." I hinted, leaning against the doorframe.

"I'm not hungry." Danny mumbled.

"Come on Buddy. You've gotta eat something."

"I can't hold it down."

"You can't or won't? Don't you wanna be strong like your old man?" I tried for a smile, but Danny just frowned and turned away from me.

"I'm not in the mood today dad." He groaned. I sighed and sat next to him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Danny, I understand you're a bit upset about your chemo and stuff, but you've gotta eat to get better. If you won't eat for me, at least eat for mom." I explained.

In the end Danny ended up eating. Just seeing (Y/N)there refusing to eat was enough to break my wall. A small gasp was emitted from my throat as I pulled myself into a smile tight ball.

"Pete, are you okay?" (Y/N) asked slowly.

"He's gone. Danny is really gone. He didn't like to eat after chemo you know. I keep it a secret, but seeing you, you just reminded me so much of him. I-I had to let go." I explained. (Y/N) pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead. I let myself cry in her arms.

"It's okay. Our little boy is finally an angel again." She soothed rubbing circles in my back. I grabbed onto the cloth of (Y/N)'s back and let out hard sobs. I just had to break down.