Pete Imagine: The Break Down Pt. 3

Pete's POV

I sat in my room quietly rocking myself back and forth. Tears streamed down my face as I looked over at the picture on the dresser.

*1 Year Earlier*

"This is impossible. After we found out that our son had it, my wife and I both got tested. It was negative." I growled at the doctor.

"Sir, your wife's cancer had a way of hiding in her body, acting as if it wasn't killing her. It's been growing ever since." The doctor explained.

"Fine. J-Just, when do I start chemo?" (Y/N) asked, her eyes red from tears.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Wentz, but there's nothing we can do for you. Chemo won't help. The cancers already too far along." The doctor sighed.

"So what, you're just gonna leave her to die?!" I yelled.

"I'm so sorry. The best you can do is make her comfortable." The doctor left the room as (Y/N) sat in her chair crying. I sat, clutching onto my knees as the world froze. My wife, the love of my life, is dying from cancer.

*2 Months Later*

I sat in the hospital chair watching how pale and weak (Y/N) looked laying on the bed.

"Ugh, if this is how Danny felt, I want to cry for him." (Y/N) coughed. I held her hand as a fit of coughs took her.

"You just keep fighting baby. The doctors gave you a month and here you are living on two. I think we can actually beat this." I said hopefully.

"Oh Peter. You and I both know I can't do this. I-I feel like giving up right now to be honest."

"Well, you should know that if the pain ever gets too much, you can just let go." (Y/N) mustered up a smile and weakly squeezed my hand.

"When I see Danny, I'm gonna give him the biggest hug and kiss from the two of us." She mumbled.

"Good. Tell him I love him and that I miss him. Tell him that he needs to take care of you, just until I get there. Tell him I can't wait to see him." During my ramble, I didn't hear the flatlining of the heart rate machine. She was gone.

*Now*

I screamed. It was the only thing I could think of doing. It was the only way to get rid of all my anger and emotions. I screamed for (Y/N) to come back. I screamed for Danny to come back. Hell, I even screamed for someone to kill me and let me go to them. I knew I couldn't scream all this at (Y/N)'s funeral. It's why I waited until I got home. Until I could truly let go. When I opened my eyes and finished screaming, I felt two arms around me.

"Patrick?" I asked. He looked at me with pity on his face.

"They're gone. They're both gone." I sobbed into his shoulder.

"I know, but it's gonna be okay." He mumbled.

"I'm all alone." I whimpered.

"You don't have to be alone Pete." He said. The only thing he didn't know was this was not going to be the end of my episodes. Every once and a while, we all need to just break down.