Joe Imagine: Bar Romance

Joe sat on the bar stool, shoulders slumped, nursing a bottle of beer. It was apparent to anyone who glanced at the man that he was drinking away a heavy burden. His wife had just left him, moving every one of her items out of his house and didn't even give any sign of unhappiness. It was a mystery. As Joe took another swig of his beer, a light voice adorned his ears.

"Mind if I sit here? Misery loves company." You proposed. Joe turned to you and took notice of your (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes. You were absolutely stunning.

"Yeah, whatever." Joe mumbled. You took a seat and smiled at the bartender.

"Hiya Gene. One beer please?" You requested. Gene smiled and placed the opened beer in front of you.

"Anything for you Doll. Harrison again?" Gene asked.

"Yup. He brought another prostitute over tonight, so I decided to leave. He has no shame about flaunting his infidelity." You sighed. Joe just listened to your story intently. When you turned to him, you noticed the confusion in his eyes.

"Sorry, Harrison is my husband." You cleared up.

"Your husband cheats on you?" Joe asked.

"Yeah. Sucks huh? He's been cheating behind my back for 4 months and 3 months ago he started being open about it." You explained.

"I-I'm sorry."

"Don't be. So what's your story? I'm (Y/N) by the way."

"Joe. My wife just upped and left me today. I never even thought anything was wrong with us." You frowned and put a hand over Joe's.

"It'll get better, honest. Like I said, misery loves company." You assured him. Joe nodded and watched as you looked at the clock.

"Gosh, slut or not, I need to get home." You mumbled.

"Will I see you again?" Joe asked.

"As long as my husband's an ass and you're still miserable, you can find me here." You left the money with the bartender and walked out. Joe watched your retreating figure as a finger tapped his shoulder. He turned to see Gene, the bartender, smiling at him.

"Good choice." Gene said before walking to another character. Suddenly, Joe didn't feel like drinking himself into oblivion. He wanted to remember this night. To remember meeting you.