To be alive - Part 2

Start from the beginning

Three days have already passed , the members of SEES talked less and less to each other , as most of them were trying to make peace with their life , friends and loved ones . Honestly , the twins preferred it that way , for keeping up the appearance that nothing was wrong was difficult to say the least .

Minato stared from the window of the class at the sky before him , as yet another twilight passed by . Junpei had went to visit his father in the hospital , while Yukari went with Fuuka . Minato sighed as he stared at the world outside , he wanted to do something to occupy his mind just so he could forget about Nyx , but everything he would do would only sadden him more and more . It would have been less painful if they had anything to do in Tartarus , but they had already reached as far as they could . He wondered if , at some point , he would wish for the end to come already . It took him a while to resurface back from sinking in his own thoughts , and when he did that he saw Aigis standing by his side watching the world before her .

" it is amusing , isn't it ? " Aigis said with a bitter smile " I only understood that I wanted to live ... when the world is ending . I want to live , but I see death around me wherever I look "

" Ai ... listen ... " Minato said comfortingly " when we defeat Nyx , you will have a world brimming with life for you to explore "

" that is not the point , Minato-san ... what am I supposed to do in a world you don't exist in ... "

" I ... I don't know ... " Minato couldn't respond " I want to see it , too ... a world without Nyx , without the Dark Hour ... "

" I apologize ... you already have plenty to worry about ... "

" what are you two doing ? " Minako interrupted the grim conversation with her cheerful tone " school is already over , or do you have something to do after school ? "

" Minako-san , answer me " Aigis glared at her sorrowfully " is your power fatal to use , too ?! "

" I ... huh ?! What ?! " Minako was shocked , her eyes darted between Aigis and Minato as if she was silently asking her brother

" she heard us talk in the monorail ... and before that the rooftop " Minato sighed " don't worry , she didn't tell anyone "

" I see ... " Minako needed a second to rebuild her smile again , but after that she looked at Aigis confidently " nobody needs any special powers , Ai-san ! We're kicking Nyx's butt back to whatever pit it crawled from with our strength , together as a team ! Just as we did with every other adversary that stood before us ! "

" I understand " Aigis seemed more content to hear Minako say that

" anyway , what're you doing after school , sis ? "

" oh , there's this new ice rink that opened in Paulownia mall recently , and I was thinking of going there with Shin-chan ! "

" what ... " Minato raised an eyebrow " okay .... Firstly , did you tell ' Shin-chan ' about that ? "

" hm ? Oh ... come to think of it , I don't think I did , why ? "

" because I saw that guy leave the school a minute ago ... "

" what ?!! Oh no , I have to catch him !!! " Minako immediately ran , tripped on a few desks before storming out of the class

" Ah ! Wait ! " Minato tried chasing her , but by then she was already out of sight " she left before I could remind her that she doesn't know how to skate on ice ... what a dork ... "

————————————

" are you kidding me ... ? "