" I'm sorry , but I don't know anything about it " Ryoji seemed conflicted " in the end , I'm just a pawn for Nyx , and I don't think I know everything "

" that doesn't matter , our greatest concern is Nyx " Mitsuru decided " as far as I can tell , anything else would only slow us down "

" well , I told you everything that I know " Ryoji stood up , seemingly preparing to leave , and said with tearful eyes  " the next time we meet , I will longer be the human friend that you recognize . I will only be the prince who welcomes Nyx into our world , and I may end up fighting you . As this is the last time we meet , I want to say ... thank you for everything ... it may have been brief , but I lived my happiest moments with you "

"  Ryoji ... " Fuuka and Yukari seemed to be fighting back their tears

" thank you for everything , Ryoji " Mitsuru said stiffly .

" actually ... " Minato looked at Minako for a second , who had been silent ever since they descended and her eyes were glued to Ryoji ever since he began speaking " me and  my sister would like to see Ryoji off "

" eh ?! Ah ! Yes ! Yes , we would ! " Minako's eyes perked up and nodded eagerly

" the Dark Hour is almost upon us , Minato-san " Aigis said worriedly " I fear for what may happen to you "

" we'll be fine , Ai ... and ... this is important ... for us . We lived our life with Ryoji inside us , so we're still trying to catch up to the fact that we're losing him "

" I ... I am sorry ... " Aigis nodded hesitantly

" thank you , Minato ... " Ryoji looked at Minato appreciatively . He always had thought that Minato was hostile to him , and to see him care about him this much made him feel so happy

" very well , but don't be late " Mitsuru decided to let the three of them leave together

—————————————

The wind had completely seized , and there was not a single cloud in the sky , leaving the full moon to light the road for the twins and Ryoji . The city was covered in thick layers of snow , and was very quiet and cold . Ryoji was walking forward , while the twins were right behind him . Even though they said they just wanted to see him off , they found themselves walking behind him , as if they were still mentally unable to say goodbye to him yet .

" well , only a few minutes separate us from the Dark Hour " Ryoji turned to the twins " I suppose this is goodbye ... "

" wait , Ryoji ... aren't you cold ? " Minako stopped him , as she took off her scarf and wrapped it around his neck gently " it's really cold out tonight , I don't want you to catch a cold now "

" here ... " Minato gave him his beanie

" thanks ... " Ryoji smiled appreciatively " I'm sorry for how I changed your life ... you shouldn't have to endure all of this ... because of me ... "

" shut up ... " Minato turned his eyes to the moon above them " it wasn't your fault ... "

" he's ... he's right , you know ... " Minako smiled to Ryoji endearingly , as her eyes began filling more and more with tears " you were always ... always there to comfort us ... when we thought our life was ... was miserable ... "

" yeah ... thank you ... Ryoji ... " Minato said stiffly

" yes ... we were each other's strength ... but I'm not worried ... " Ryoji looked at the two of them with a nostalgic feel in his heart " for some reason ... even though I know for a fact that Nyx cannot be defeated ... looking at you going against her doesn't make me feel worried . It's like I know you will be fine somehow "

" we'll ... we'll definitely be fine ... Ryoji ... " Minako nodded eagerly

" well ... best wishes in the coming year ... "

Ryoji turned his back to the twins and began walking away , his foot thrusting the thick snow as he walked toward Iwatodai mall . The further he walked , the tighter the grip was on the twins' hearts

" RYOJI !!! "

Ryoji turned to face the twins as he heard them calling out to him , and as he did he was met by the two of them hugging him . They were both crying fervently , their faces were buried in Ryoji's shoulder . Unwittingly , Ryoji found himself hugging them back , and crying with them . They had been together in this life for ten years , to the point that they had become family , and now one of them is walking away , never to be seen again . It was all too much for the three of them .

" we ... we don't want you to leave ... Ryoji ... " Minako sobbed

" I'm ... I'm so sorry ... " Ryoji wept

" Ryoji ... is this ... is this it ? " Minato mumbled under his sobs " we're not gonna see you ... ever again ?! "

" yes ... I'm afraid ... I'm afraid this is goodbye ... "

The three sat in the snow , surrounded by the whiteness of the now , and the light of the moon above them . They were still tightly embracing each other in the freezing cold night , as world was silent to their sobs . In the distance stood Aigis , with a pained look on her face she stared at the three of them . They were all sad , they were all suffering , and there was nothing she could do to comfort them .

She wanted to believe that this would be the last time she was powerless to ease their suffering .

************************

Sorry that this part was not as long as usual ... I'm still about 500 words short ... but I wanted to dedicate this part to Ryoji and his departure . I don't think the game established this as well as it should , what with Ryoji being a part of us the whole story all the way until the end . If you think about it , that's like having to fight one of your own family to save the world . Granted , with the inclusion of a social link for Ryoji , I believe it was shown a little better what he meant for the protagonist , but I still wanted to emphasize on the farewell moment a little more .

The very last moments of this part are what I want to focus on the most : the moment Ryoji leaves . If you have been in these goodbyes , especially with family , you know how powerful of a kick to the feels this would be . I personally had lived through one , and kept crying for an entire day . That's why I wanted to make it clear  goodbye specifically wasn't easy on anyone , not even Ryoji .

I hope you enjoyed this part , and if you did please consider voting for it, and stay safe until we meet again in the next part.