" it will , Minato-san ! " Aigis said eagerly " we will save the world , no matter what Ryoji said , we will defeat Nyx ! "

" yeah ... we will ... " despite what Minato said , there was a clear look of sadness in his face

" do not be afraid , Minato-san ! I will protect you and Minako-san ! I will not let you be harmed , I promise ! "

" Ai ... thank you ... " Minato smiled to her , he remained silent for a moment , before nodding back " we'll do our best to protect you , too . We'll protect everyone in SEES , and the whole world . I know we can do it ... "

Despite Minato's words , Aigis could sense there was more that he wanted to say , but for some reason didn't say it . Normally , she could tell what he was feeling based on an external analysis of his breathing and heart rate , and the information she was getting was normal . However , she could still feel that there something else there . When Minato would look at her , there was nothing but determination in his eyes . However , when he turned his eyes back to the world around him , it was clear that something in him would change , and that made Aigis very worried .

" do not worry , Minato-san ! " Aigis repeated , more to assure herself rather than Minato , as she had her cold metallic hand intertwined with Minato's hand " I will protect you , I promise ! "

" I know , Ai " Minato smiled to Aigis " say , besides presents , do you know what people tend to do on Christmas ? They buy a cake "

" a cake ? "

" let's grab one from Iwatodai mall , it should be nearby "

——————————————

Junpei sat in that same seat on which he saw Chidori sitting the first time he met her , thinking of his life as he stared at the snow covered city . His attention was brought back to reality , when he noticed Fuuka leaving the cinema with a notebook in hand . As their eyes met , Fuuka eagerly walked toward him , but she neglected the slippery part of the street on which the snow was beginning to melt , and she slipped and fell on her back .

" Fuuka ! Are you alright ? " Junpei hurriedly walked toward her and helped her stand .

" s—sorry ... " Fuuka let a nervous laugh " I didn't expect to see you here , Junpei "

" yeah ... feels like everything that changed my life happened here in this place ... " Junpei laughed awkwardly " first it was my first meeting with Chidori , and then our discussion about fighting Nyx "

" our discussion ? " Fuuka started

" never mind that ... what were you doing ? I didn't think you'd spend your Christmas watching a movie "

" oh , I've actually been coming to the cinema a lot lately " Fuuka turned and looked cinema " there are slice of life movies that I'm watching , some of them contain subjects close to cooking , and I'm taking notes "

" oh ... so it's cooking, then " Junpei smiled " you know , the last feast we had with Shinjiro , I saw you cooking in the kitchen . And guess what , the food was so great , I can only think that your cooking was seamless in quality with Shinjiro senpai's "

" n—no , it wasn't that good ! " Fuuka's eyes darted back to face Junpei , her face growing redder by the second " I caused a lot of trouble for Aragaki senpai , and he was constantly yelling at me for making obvious mistakes ... I actually think I was holding him back ! "