—————————————

It was late at night , the twins had just been into the velvet room . They could tell , by the silence in the velvet room and the stiff interaction with them , as well as their attendants trying to avoid eye contact, that they were aware of the end of the world . An end that cannot be prevented , an impossible battle that cannot be won . Would they know of a way to defeat Nyx ? What if they said it was truly impossible ? The twins couldn't ask the question , as fear choked them from forming a single sentence.

The two of them walked away from Paulownia mall , above them the moon was hanging in the sky as if it was glaring at them . They were unconsciously holding hands , their steps were stiff and stilted . Until Minako suddenly stopped ....

" Minato ... I want to visit Shin-chan ... " Minako said with a nervous smile

" do you want me to walk you there ? "

" no , I'm fine ... I ... I want to be alone ... "

" ... okay ... " Minato nodded dejectedly , and his hand slowly let go of hers . He felt a tugging sensation in his heart , as he saw her walking away in the depths of the night .

Minako entered Shinjiro's room just as his nurse was about to leave , but the two of them ended up staying in the same room along with the unconscious Shinjiro . Minako looked at Uzaki hesitantly , as if she was wondering if she wanted to do this with her alone , but in the end she decided to do it anyway . She held Shinjiro's hand and whispered a teary " I love you ... " that the nurse could barely hear .

" don't worry , his condition has been improving lately " Uzaki said with a comforting smile " if anything , I'm glad that I at least managed to save your sweetheart "

" thanks ... " Minako looked at the nurse , and she felt strained to see her . She had been feeling that way toward anyone whom she was a friend with , or even has a social link with at all . She knew that the world would end , and they will forfeit the will to live , but she had to smile to them and act like nothing was wrong

" if you have something troubling you , I'm here for you to get it off your chest " Uzaki said as she noticed the troubled look on Minako's face " you're usually more talkative around him ... "

" I don't know what to tell him ... " Minako started , but then she shook her head and said " can I ask you a question , Yuzuru-san ? Right now , besides my brother and ... my love ... you're the only person I can be honest with ... "

" of course ... "

" have you ever been ... in a fight ... against the impossible ... ? " Minako wrestled with the words to ask her questions in a meaningful way that isn't confusing

" the impossible ... ? " the nurse still seemed lost in Minako's question

" I know I sound weird , but humor me for a second ! " Minako nervously explained " just imagine a monster that will come for you and destroy everything and everyone you love and care about, and you know that no matter how hard you try to fight back , you can't defeat it ..."

" Minako ... "

" I ... I decided to fight ... but ... my friends ... and I don't know ... and I want to protect them ... but they don't know ... and ... and ... ! " Minako clutched her forehead " I feel like I'm losing it ! "