the girl at the shrine

Magsimula sa umpisa

" aww ... don't be sad ... " Minako gently wiped her tears " my brother here will buy you a new ball "

" I'm sorry , what ? " Minato glared at his sister

" that's ... that's not ... just any ball ... " the girl sobbed " stripped shirt gave it to me ! "

" stripped ... shirt ? " Minato imagined a floating sentient shirt buying her a ball " what ... ? "

" okay , I'll get it back for you ! " Minako said confidently

" you ... you will ? "

Minako took a few steps back , before rushing toward the tree and jumping at it . However , she couldn't force herself to climb it any further , and she fell back to the ground without getting the ball back . When she stood back up , she was met by her brother's frustrated glare .

" you do realize you're wearing a school uniform , which includes a skirt , right ? "

" oh ... right ... " Minako blushed " good thing we're alone here ... "

" anyway , I can probably climb it myself , if that's what we need to do ... "

" no , it was raining recently , so it's a little difficult to climb it ... " Minako had a bright idea " I know ! I'll boost you up , so you can get it ! What do you say ? "

It took a few tries , but in the end , they managed to get the ball . Minako happily gave the ball to the little girl , who silently accepted it . The little girl stared at the twins for a few seconds , as if she was contemplating something . Before they could ask her , she opened her mouth and spoke instead .

" mama told me that I shouldn't talk to strangers , but you're not strangers , right ? " the girl said , her tone becoming more and more cheerful as she seemed to realize what she was talking about " you're Cosmos and Null ! The heroes from my dream ! I'm Maiko , I'm so happy to meet you in person ! "

" what ... ? "  the twins looked at each other in confusion

" do you remember ? That nightmare in which I was kidnapped by monsters , and I they kept me in a dark tower , and you came to rescue me , right ? I was so scared , but you came and fought the monsters back with your friends using all those powerful attacks and everything ! You were amazing ! "

" dark tower ... monsters ... powerful attacks ... " the twins both came to the realization that this was the girl they had rescued from Tartarus the last time they explored it

" so are you two out on a date ? "

" a date ?! " the twins gasped , thankfully Minako realized what the little girl meant " actually , Maiko , we're not Cosmos and Null . We're siblings , see ? "

" siblings ? "

" yes , a brother and sister " Minato nodded " we're actually twins "

" I ... I see ... " the girl seemed to think deeply about what she heard from the twins " but I definitely remember you in my dreams , was it you or was it Cosmos and Null in my dream ? "

" hmm ... I dunno ... " Minako pretended to think about it , before saying " but we do love those two , and we used to idolize them and even role-play as them sometimes , so I guess that's the reason ... "