Midnight stroll - Part 3

Start from the beginning

" Fuuka , do you think it's possible to do that ? " Mitsuru asked

" it is possible , senpai ! " Minato impatiently interrupted " I have a plan ! "

Following Minato's words , the team first counted the time the gate would remain open by the switch , then they awaited the Reaper to catch up to them .  By activating  the switch at a specific moment , they managed to get past the gate just as it was closing , leaving the Reaper behind the closed gate . They were about to rejoice their successful escape , when they Reaper began furiously bashing and striking at the gate . Even though they gate remained sturdily closed , they realized that won't last for too long , so they decided to hasten their rescue mission

At the end of a long corridor , the members of SEES could see a little girl crouching on the ground and crying . She seemed to be at least a handful of years younger than Ken , which made them sympathize with her and feel eager to rescue her even more . However , just as they were about to reach her , the Reaper came blasting through the wall , and now it was standing between them and the poor girl .

" wh—what ?! He came out of nowhere ! " Fuuka gasped 

The Reaper was a shadow , and just like other shadows , it was drawn to the little girl . It turned toward her and began approaching her . They realized the situation was really bad , as the Reaper could harm the girl .

" no ! Orpheus Telos ! "

Minako hurriedly called her strongest Persona , but to her shock and terror , Orpheus Telos remained stationary in one place . The Reaper realized the presence of a powerful opponent , and it turned back toward them , striking Orpheus Telos with volley of shots that knocked it back and had it disappear away instantly .

" I ... I don't understand ! " Ken was shocked to see Orpheus Telos be beaten so effortlessly by the Reaper

" it's the fog ! " Akihiko realized " the fog is weakening our Personas ! "

" watch out ! Persona ! " Mitsuru saw the Reaper preparing to attack Minako again , so she quickly pulled out her evoker and called Artemisia , and by that she managed to bind the Reaper's arms .

" Paladion ! "

" let's go , Trismagestus ! "

Despite their overwhelming assault on the shadow , they couldn't cause a sufficiently significant damage to it , and it quickly broke free of Mitsuru's bind , before blasting away the members of SEES and their Personas . As they struggled to recover from their failed attack , they saw the Reaper approaching Minako .

" Artemisia ! " Mitsuru called her Persona and tried to inflict it with panic , but her Persona was weakened by the fog and didn't move

" Odin ! " Minato had a better plan to thwart the Reaper , as he blasted it with a destructive pillar of lightning , before anxiously turning to Aigis and Junpei " unload on it ! "

While Minato's lightning helped making Aigis and Junpei's attacks more effective , that wasn't nearly enough to defeat the Reaper or even stun it . Nevertheless , Minato used the chance he got from that attack , and ran away with Minako .

" Minato-san ! Minako-san ! " Aigis was distraught to see the Reaper chase the twins

" rescue the girl , we'll meet you at the entrance ! " Minato quickly yelled at them as he ran away with Minako , with the Reaper hot on their tails " I have a plan , trust me ! "

By then , the twins were out of sight . Aigis was ready to follow them , but the other members stopped her , and told her to trust him . They returned to the entrance with the scared little girl , and there they awaited Minato and Minako's returned with baited breaths . However , after some time , Aigis couldn't wait anymore and decided to go and help them . The others wanted to follow her , but Mitsuru said that they would get in the way , so they decided to trust Aigis and let her go in there alone .