" what are you talking about ? " Minato was quick to shot her down before she could continue " we're months into the second semester , and you're already in the cooking and tennis club "

" right ... " Minako sighed " unlike you , my interests vary ... though I guess I'll have no choice but to join next year "

" oh , that's a shame , by then I would've graduated" Keisuke said " I could really use your help, though . Minato told me that you're a great music composer , and I was wondering if you could compose something for my game for the competition "

" I'd love to ! " Minako nodded excitedly " I want to be a video game composer in the future , and this is some great practice for me ! "

" why are we talking about that here ? " Minato glared at the two of them " there will be plenty of time to compose music later , for now we should just focus on the trip "

——————————

Keisuke led Minato and Aigis into a road filled with modern shops opened in old traditional buildings , a place that seemed to blend the present with the past . He would've liked to continue with them , but Hidotoshi wanted him to visit a library with him , which he found more interesting . Nevertheless , Minato wanted to take his time in that place , so he was okay with that .

Minato and Aigis went from one shop to the next , from medals shaped like video game characters , to rare managas and art books of famous games . Minato found a lot to choose from when it came to a souvenir , and he wasn't bothered much by that for himself , but buying something for Ken proved to be more daunting , and he found himself split between a cool looking Featherman Red keychain , or a manga of the series .

" seriously , since when was I so caring about other people ! Sometimes I miss the time I didn't give a damn about what other people felt ! " Minato sighed , but he suddenly felt something cold and metallic clasping his hand , and he found Aigis standing by his side " Ai ? What are you doing ? "

" I ... I apologize ... " Aigis pulled her hand , she looked troubled " I've been feeling a tightening sensation in my heart ... no , that's not correct , I don't have a heart "

" is there something you want to tell me ? " Minato could see genuine anxiety in Aigis's face

" I ... I'm scared ... I feel like you and Minako-san are in danger ... but I don't know what exactly is this danger " Aigis seemed to Minato like she was ready to cry , even though he knew that she was incapable of that " please try to be careful , for me ... the thought of something happening to you two ... it terrifies me ... "

" hey , cheer up " Minato gently knocked on her forehead " me and Minako are fine , and by this point we've been through a lot , and it's gonna take something insane to surprise the two of us . Even if that happens , we have you , and everyone else in SEES . No matter what we face , knowing you're by our side is all we need to fight back "

" Minato-san ... thank you ... "

" anyway , we're here to have fun , so put those thoughts aside and enjoy yourself " Minato gave Aigis a small keychain , with a small toy of a blond girl in blue coat and an eyepatch attached to it " here , this is for you "

" is this a gift ? " Aigis stared at the keychain , and at the small figurine at the end of it " who is this small person at the tip of it ?"

" it's a toy of a fictional character " Minato explained " Alma Craftsman , a character from Eternal Crusaders Cross . She cares deeply for her friends , and wishes no more than to protect them from a threat that they can't escape . She shares a lot of traits with you , you know . Did you like it ? "