RED AND BLUE - Part IV

Začít od začátku

" what does that have to do with grandpa , again ? "

" just answer the question ... "

" I don't believe in superstition " Minato sighed " don't tell me the paranormal club in Sevens is rubbing off on you "

" n—no ! That's... that's not it ! " Minako defensively exclaimed , she dropped her gaze to the ground sorrowfully " I actually have been having these feelings for a long time , before we came to Sevens . Think about it , first our cousin Shoya , then Akane , our neighbor who came to babysit us many times when we stayed in Shibuya , then our uncle , then our niece , and now our... "

" okay , slow down a sec " Minato interrupted " Akane and our grandfather are still alive "

" but Ryūnosuke and uncle Shousuke didn't make it , and even Akane and our grandfather's condition were life-threatening ! " Minako exclaimed

" and what do we make of that ? That we are cursed ? Seriously ?! " Minato impatiently demanded " they were all normal incidents that could happen to anyone ! It's not like one of them was killed by a curse or something ... just because it happened in horror movies , doesn't mean ... "

" It's not how they were killed ... " Minako hesitantly replied " it's what happened after that ... "

" what ? "

" don't ... don't laugh at me ... or I'll slap you ! " Minako stuttered , she then took a deep breath and said " every time something traumatic happens around us , I feel like someone is ... is watching me ... "

" what ... ? " the expression on Minato's face changed

" the feeling is so subtle that I'm mostly not aware of it , but it intensifies when someone I care for is in danger ... I feel like ... like a demon is haunting me ... "

" you , too—?! " Minato barely caught that word before it slipped , and instead he said " you're too ... paranoid ... "

" I see ... I'm probably just scared that someone is dying ... " Minako let a short nervous laugh " let's hurry up , grandma is waiting ... "

Minato watched his sister hasten her pace ahead of him , and his mind he thought of what she said . Some apparition would haunt her whenever a loved one is on the brink of death , he thought that calling her feelings delusional rubbish would be better than just freaking her out , by telling her that he would feel the same whenever someone's life is danger . He followed behind her , with one question lingering in his mind .

" are we ... actually cursed ... " Minato pondered for a second , before shaking his head with frustration " get your mind out of the gutter ... "

——————————

The twins arrived at their flat , and inside their grandmother was already waiting . Outside the crowded pavements and noisy streets , it was like they peered into an entirely different world . An old worn down apartment , with many items in it had not been replaced in ages . There was even a black and white TV that no longer works , and was left there because of nostalgia . It was a place where time had completely stopped . In that rift in the modern world , an old woman emerged to greet the twins , and they began telling her about their day .

" h—hold on a second , dears " the old grandmother winced as she fiddled with a device in her ear for a second , she then smiled to the twins " you can speak now "

" we learned sign language , grandma ! " Minako objected " you don't have to use hearing aids to talk to us ! "

" that's okay ... I just really love hearing your voices ... "