RED AND BLUE - Part IV

Start from the beginning

" there ... there's a pervert in here ?! That's ... that's just a stupid rumor ... you know ... like the many stupid rumors from Sevens ... r—right ? "

" they showed me photos , too , so I'd say it's definitely not a rumor " Minato said decisively " you'll remain seated ... end of story ! "

Minako looked at the crowd around her , and a shiver crawled up her back as she realized their glares intensified . If before they thought the two of them were just absorbed in their own world , now they were feeling more remorse and contempt toward them because they were aware of the elderly surrounding them , but still chose to remain seated .  Even worse , as the monorail rocked there and there as it charged through the railroad and through tunnels , some old people tripped and fell , and the glares that were aimed at the twins grew more intense . Minako really wanted to stand up , but she was more terrified by the pervert that could mess with her .

" I really don't think we should be sitting like that "

" we're not breaking any rules and we're not going to prison "

" is it ... is it social acceptable to sit down while ... ? " Minako poked her brother's cheek to get his attention

" I don't care " Minato shrugged " anything is socially acceptable if you do it with enough confidence . Sometimes you need to show those around you that you are insensitive and that it's not your problem . Deal with it ! "

" okay ! I get it ! " Minako hastily interrupted him as glares around them intensified " can ... can you at least share your music player with me ? I forgot to charge mine "

It was suffocating for the twins to be there , surrounded by the glares of everyone , that they couldn't help but let a sigh of relief when they finally left the monorail . Minato pulled his sister out of the monorail before anyone could close in on them , and the two began their walk from the station to their home . He immediately told her of one hunchbacked glass wearing creep that was reaching out to her with a pair of scissors . Apparently she had noticed it too , and she really didn't want to talk about it .

" this is all because the school bus wasn't working " Minako sighed " I hope they fix it by tomorrow ... one more trip in that mess and I'll be claustrophobic ! "

" anyway " Minato tried to veer the subject away from the condensed crowd in the monorail , as he noticed how discomforted his sister was " we were in a hurry to school this morning , and it slipped my mind to tell you , but our aunt called us from Inaba . She told us that grandpa's condition is stable "

" I see ... " Minako nodded " thank ... thank God ... "

" they said he would like to speak with us this evening "

" I see ... "

" are you okay ? " Minato noticed Minako's stiff and compressed reaction " don't you want to talk to him ? "

" it's probably for the best that ... that we don't talk to him ... " Minako said

" suit yourself ... I'm talking to him , though " Minato shrugged " I'll just tell him you're busy "

" aren't you going to ask why I don't want to talk to him ? " Minako asked anxiously

" you don't look like you want to talk about it "

" well ... I don't ... I mean ...well ... " Minako fumbled with words for a second , before she frustratedly exclaimed " argh ! You were supposed to insist that I would talk , which would've given me the courage to talk ! "

" you're weird " Minato raised an eyebrow in confusion " do you want to talk or don't you ? "

" I'll just talk , or we won't be going anywhere in this discussion ... " Minako sighed , she seemed very hesitant and unwilling to talk , but she asked nevertheless " Minato ... do you ... um ... do you think ... we're ... we're cursed ? "