Innocence - Part 2

Start from the beginning

The entire school gathered in the auditorium , as the student council and the teachers prepared to present their case . However , Minato noticed that his sister was strangely absent from the assembly , and as he was anxiously looking for her , Keisuke came and gave him the newspaper back , affirming to him his suspicions that the photo was tampered with and that the entire image behind Saori was added later , but Minako was still nowhere to be found . Mr. Ekoda reiterated what the entire school thought they already knew , about Saori sullying the name of the school with her irresponsible behavior , starting with the article . Minato knew that Mr. Ekoda would start with the with the newspaper article of all things since it was the most concrete evidence , even he wouldn't build his case on rumors alone .

" actually , sir , that photo is ... " Minato started

" OBJECTION !!! " Minako screamed from the entrance of the hallway , and as she hurriedly made her way to the stage she continued with her explanation " this is merely a baseless accusation ! "

" baseless ?! You insolent brat ! " Mr. Ekoda glared at her

" oh , yes it's baseless ! And I have a decisive evidence to prove that !!! " Minako twirled around before pointing her finger decisively and confidently at the teacher , she then turned to Minato " go on , bro bro ! Throw the evidence at his face ! "

" what ... what are you doing ? " Minato stared at his sister as silence spread in the auditorium

" c'mon ! You'll ruin my moment ! Give me that newspaper ! " she snatched the newspaper from his hand , before turning to the teacher and announcing " Take that ! This photo is tampered with to frame my client , therefore it cannot be used to pass a verdict on her ! "

" this newspaper ? " Mr. Ekoda skimmed through it before glaring at Minako " it's the same newspaper I have ? What exactly are you trying to say here ?! "

" what ?! " Minako was counting on the newspaper including some kind of markings that Keisuke pointed out with a red marker or something " um ... Minato ? "

" I don't believe this " Minato grumbled , before giving the principal a report " she was meant to give you this , sir , a detailed explanation of how the photo in the newspaper was tampered with " he then turned to Minako and glared at her " what was that all about ? "

" well ... I always wanted to do that " Minako giggled " you play one trial in that game and you get the urge to yell ' objection ! ' at least once in your life ! "

" get serious " Minato sighed , before he turned to the principal who was squinting to read what the report said

" my ... so the background is tampered with ? " the principal frowned " I had thought the faculty office had checked the validity of the photo ! "

" I ... I mean ... " Mr. Ekoda hastily interrupted as cold sweat trickled down his forehead " every ... everyone knows how rebellious Hasagawa is ! She hangs out in night clubs , drinks after midnight and ... ! "

" OBJECTION !!! " Minako screamed at the teacher

" will you stop that ?! " Minato yelled at his sister , before turning to Mr. Ekoda " are we basing our case on rumors now ?! Because the student council looked into the validity of these rumors , and found out that they were spread by a student named Yukino Katsura , who was seen slapping the accused in the library before being suspended for it ! In other words , it was spread by a student who bore a grudge on the accused and wanted to tarnish their reputation ! "

" I ... that's a lie !" one student stood among the students in the auditorium " she ... she really is ... "

" hold it ! " Minako exclaimed " because I have evidence to back up my claim ... I mean our claim ! In this flash card , I have records of every visitor in the club for the past three weeks , and Saori can't be seen in any frame in them ! "