Innocence - Part 1

Start from the beginning

" Minako ... it might be for the best that we don't hang out together anymore " Saori started " I don't want them to start rumors about you , too"

" rumors are just rumors , they're nothing but smoke ! The only thing I'm worried about is this newspaper article "

" that article is a lie , that reporter said he was conducting a research about the straightedge lifestyle in today's high school students ... "

" didn't you suspect anything ? "

" well ... no ... "

" what about the rumors that you've been ... you know ... " Minako started " I mean they're a load of bull , but I want to hear your opinion about them so I could help you "

" They're lies ... all of them ... " Saori smiled , as tears began filling and overflowing from her eyes " I just wanted a friend ... but everything was ... a lie ... every ... thing ... now ... I can't stand on my own ... I can't trust anyone ... I'm too ..... scared ...... "

" okay ... let's stop this despairing session " Minako couldn't stand to see Saori crumble before her , and she held her cheeks as if she was trying to keep her smiling " you can trust me ! I'll work to solve your problems ! All of them ! "

" Minako ... thank you ... " Saori smiled " I'm glad that you're here with me ... because I don't think ... I could've endured this myself ... "

" I'll even drag my sarcastic raging edgy brother to help me out , you'll see ! Together , we ... ! "

" Well I'm not sure I feel like helping someone who calls me a ' sarcastic raging edgy brother ' behind my back " Minato interrupted Minako's prep talk

" Ack ! Mi... Minato ?! "

" Okay ... " Minato stared at the two girls , with his eyes focusing on the crying Saori " so I take it you're Hasegawa-san , the submissive and weak-willed girl Minako has been hanging around with ? "

" What ?! " Minako collapsed on the ground as she heard what her brother said , and when she stood she yelled at him " you were NOT supposed to say that !!! ... at least ... at least not with such phrasing ! "

" Is that so ? " Minato turned to his sister , for a second , before facing Saori again

" Oh no ! Not this grin again ! Don't ... ! "

" you have no spine , you stupidly let people take advantage of you , and you try to be Miss goodie-two-shoes , but in reality you have no personality or character whatsoever ! "

" I ... I have never said that !!! " Minako nervously exclaimed as saw the confused expression on Saori's tear-filled eyes

" I never said you did , and who told you I was talking about her ? " Minato shrugged " that was my impression of you back in middle school , and you said she reminds you of those days , so I went with my past experiences "

" You were looking at her while talking ! "

" Um ... What ? " Saori was rendered speechless as she saw the clash of character between the twins

" Enough screwing around , I'm Minato , the brother of this ... this Clown "

" What did I tell you about the sarcastic part , Saori ? " Minako sighed " sometimes he's too much to handle "

" oh , nice to meet you " Saori replied " I'm Saori Hasegawa "

" Well , I heard the rumors and all , but now that I look at you , I can see where they've been coming from " Minato sighed , and before Minako could object he continued " see , when you continue to agree on everything people around you say , they start taking advantage of you , in more ways then just throwing their chores at you . They also pin the blame of their mistakes on you , too . At first , you think you're being nice by helping them out , then when they betray and abandon you , you feel devastated and destroyed , am I right ? "