84. Just As Fragile As Before

Songs for this chapter:

Mad World- Gary Jules

Heal- Tom Odell
~~~~~~~~~~

Troye's pov

We pull up at the hospital and Jc takes Noelani from me again. I stay by his side, not wanting to let her out of my sight for more than a few seconds. Tyler walks on my other side and Ricky walks in front of us.

We keep her wrapped up in the warm blankets. Me and Tyler give her ours because she needs them more than we do. We dodge moving cars and run into the hospital.

The hospital is almost empty. A few people walking out after being looked at and a few kids arms in slings because they have broken a bone when playing in the snow.

Nurses and doctors run up to the four of us immediately as they notice how pale, blue, damaged and limp the girl that Jc's holding is.

They take Noelani from Jc and carry her over to a bed and push her through a set of double doors and many others. Me and the others follow them to a room which is warm and welcoming. They take the blankets off of Noelani's body and the first few are soaking wet.

I look away as the uncover her naked body. Her skin is bruised badly and her right side is even worse than I thought it was. Blood is still leaving the wound. She has a cut on the side of her head that I didn't notice. And her stomach has been ripped at by something.

A doctor gives out strict and quick instructions and the others react to them immediately. Some of them run out the room and others put on latex gloves and paper aprons.

A nurse asks Jc and Ricky to leave the room and for me and Tyler to stand far back. The nurses and doctors that left soon come back with machines and equipment.

They strip Noelani down, washing away all of the blood and combing through her damp, icy hair. They clean the dirt from under her nails and they dry her skin. They attend to her side and other injuries so I look away, not wanting to look at her battered body.

Tyler hugs me as more and more tears run down my cheeks. I let out chocked sobs and prays that she will be okay. He starts to rub my back, telling me that's she'll be okay and that she will be well looked after. I nod a little and I peep over Tyler's shoulder to look at my frozen friend.

Noelani is now in a gown and they are injecting her with drugs and connecting her up to monitors and sensors. She is also being connected to a fluid bag to keep her hydrated.

I stare at the heart beat monitor from Tyler's arms. His back is turned and he is looking out the hospital room window. She is connected up properly now and I wait impatiently for it to find her heart beat.

It's been thirty seconds and it hasn't made any beeping noises. It's probably still syncing.

It's reaching two minutes and still nothing. I look from the monitor to the Noelani laying still and then to the doctors.

It's been three minutes and panic rises in my throat.

"Tyler why isn't it beeping?" I ask him as I struggle to breath.

"I don't know Troye." He says hugging me tighter.

It's been six minutes and the nurses and doctors start whispering among themselves and I start to sob.

"We have lost her. Tyler she is gone isn't she? She has left us... She couldn't hold on any longer... She has abandoned me like we abandoned her..." I cry to him.

"She hasn't left us Troye. She is still in there somewhere." Tyler says crying too as he is now facing Noelani.

It's been ten minutes and they are starting to take out the tubes and other things from Noelani, until a weak beeping noise comes from the machine.