47. Learning About Connor's Past

Song for this chapter:

Run To You- Pentatonix

1989- Superfruit
~~~~~~~~~~

Noelani's pov
I sit waiting patiently for Jackie to arrive, twiddling with my thumbs and tugging at my clothing. I check my phone to see what the time is and it is currently 2 in the afternoon.

Soon enough Jackie walks through the door and looks round the small cafe for me. She spots me and walks over sitting opposite me.

"Hey hun what's wrong?" She asks.

"In the kitchen Tyler said some things to me about Connor. He told me about Connor's ex girlfriend and what she done to him.

"He also told me about what Connor had said if he ever got another girlfriend. And I am his newest one since her. But I don't know if Ty was telling me the truth so I had to get out the apartment." I say shaking.

"Noelani, the things that, that girl had done to Connor were awful. But I guarantee you that Tyler didn't tell you everything about her and what she had done to the poor boy." Jackie says looking down at the table.

"He told me that she had sex with another man and Connor walked in on them. And that she also cheated on him a lot." I tell her.

"Yes, she did. But she done more. Connor hasn't told Tyler everything because Ty, even though he is strong. It would of broken him to know what his best friend was going through for a few months.

"But Connor felt like he had to tell someone but he didn't want to talk to his family about it so instead he told me because he was too scared to tell someone else his own age and the fact that I have looked after him for a while and he could trust me helped him speak up about it.

"I'm only going to tell you this because you want to know the truth and to be honest, this was quite a huge thing that happened to Connor and I think you should know about it, even if that means I have to go behind him." Jackie says looking back up at me.

I move slightly on my seat and prepare myself for what I'm about to be told about Connor. I nod my head when I am ready and she begins to talk.

"He was only eighteen at the time but his ex use to hurt him, verbally and sometimes, physically. She would slap, punch, kick him if he didn't do the right thing or say the things that she wanted him to say.

"Connor is known for being honest and truthful to people and let's just say his ex didn't like that and if Connor gave her his true opinion and it wasn't the right one, she would get very angry with him...

"That boy would turn up to our house in tears, but only when he knew that Tyler wasn't there. He has a few tiny scars. Have you ever noticed the scar on his chest?"

I think about it and I have, I nod my head, not wanting to speak incase if my voice breaks.

"Okay. Well he got that scar from her. She had this huge, ugly, diamond ring that one of the men she was with at the same time had given her.

"She got mad because one of her other boyfriends didn't want to meet up with her and Connor was with her so she punched him in the chest and it cut his skin open. He had to get stitches because it was quite bad and deep.

"She hurt him so much but that boy still loved her. He had no clue that she was seeing other guys as well as him. She came up with silly little lies about the presents she was given by the others.

"But once he came home from our house and his girfriend was in his room. But she wasn't alone, she had another man with her. And seeing her with another man in bed had destroyed him.