40. Sleeping Confession

Song for this chapter:
Crush- David Archuleta
~~~~~~~~~~

Connor's POV
I turn off all the lights and go into Noelani's room and close her door carefully, trying not to make too much noise.

She has curled into a ball and is clutching my grey sweater to her chest. I smile slightly and lay down next to her. I pull the duvet cover over her more and over myself. I rest on my side and look at her sleeping face.

She has hidden it slightly in my sweater but I can see the corner of her lips and her closed eyes. Her hair slowly slides and covers her face like it's a shield.

I move it out of her face and tuck it behind her ear as I continue smiling because she cuddles into herself more and my grey sweater.

I understand what Edward Cullen means when he watches Bella sleep, it gives you a satisfaction to know they are okay. They look happy and peaceful. You want to protect them from the monsters of the night.

Noelani moves again but cuddles into me, her head lightly resting on my bare skin. She cuddles into me more and I feel my skin and notice that I am really warm.

I feel her cheek and she is stone cold. She is cuddling into me to stay warm.
My smile grows and I lay flat on my back, her head resting on my chest still.

Her hand lightly rests on my stomach and her other hand is still holding onto my sweater. I pull her closer to me gently and she mumbles something in her sleep.

"I... Connor, not... waiter." She says in her sleep. "Tyler stop. I... feelings... Connor, I love him."

My eyes widen as I realise what she is saying in her sleep and my heart beats faster.

"I love you too." I say quietly.

I kiss her head and she cuddles into me more.

"I... him with... my heart." She grumbles against my skin.

My smile grows even more, I don't know if that is even possible. It's taking everything within me not to kiss her. I close my eyes as she sleeps curled into me.

I fall asleep with the girl I love cuddled into my side saying she loves me in her sleep. I don't know if something can be even more perfect than this. Maybe being able to call her my girlfriend but having this overtaking crush on her, this is my definition of perfect...

I wake up to screams and muffled cries. I look next to me but Noelani isn't there.

"Connor please! Stop it your hurting me! Connor please I don't want to!" She screams.

I hear thrashing and banging of the floor and the sound of her choking. I look on the floor and see her thrashing around and her hands near her throat.

It looks like she is trying to push something away from her. She screams a high pitch scream and she starts to scratch at her stomach.

"Connor please don't!"

It sounds like she is screaming in pain because of the dream.

"Connor please! I love you! Don't do this!"

Tyler bursts through the door and we both rush over to her. Tyler holds her legs down as she is kicking in her sleep and her hands are gripping at her throat and stomach. I pull her hands away and hold them in one of mine.

"Noelani, wake up hun." I say loudly and gently shaking her.

She starts crying and tries curling up.
"Noelani open your eyes." I say softly.

Her eyes open and she looks all over her room. She looks at Tyler and then me.

"Connor? Tyler?" She asks crying.

"It's okay, we are both here." I say smiling.

I pull her in my arms and she clings onto me in tears. I kiss her head softly and rub her back. Tyler sits next to me and takes her hand in his. Her body starts shaking as she cries into me.

"Noelani you're okay. You're safe with us two." Tyler whispers.

"I'm so scared." I hear her say into my chest.

I pull away and she looks up at me with tears in her eyes. I smile at her and she smiles back weakly but another tear escapes her eye. I wipe it away with my thumb and she holds my hand when I move it away. She leans over and hugs Tyler.

"Thank you Tilly. I'm okay now it was just a bad dream... a very bad dream..."

She drifts off at the end and Tyler hugs her tight and stands up.

"Connor are you going in your room now?" He asks.

"No, I'll stay with her until she is asleep." I say looking at her.

She looks at me with confusion all over her face and then a smile plays on her lips.

"Okay, night you two." He says walking out the room.

I pull Noelani up and her legs are shaking. I slowly walk her to her bed and she sits on it. I sit opposite still holding her hand.

"What happened in the dream? You were screaming my name and thrashing around on the floor." I ask looking at our hands.

"Um... You were trying to... Um..." She says shaking. "You tried to do it with me but I didn't want to. You got very angry and tried to strangle me but I pushed your hands away so you cut my stomach like that man did. You started kicking me in the chest and hitting me."

A tear leaves her eyes and she sniffles slightly. My heart shatters slightly because only a few hours ago she was murmuring that she loves me in her sleep. And then she had a nightmare where I do what that man done to her.

"You do know that I would never do anything like that to you? I will look after you, I won't let you get hurt like that again." I say to her smiling.

"Thank you Connor." She says as another tear leaves her eyes.

She wipes them away and laughs nervously. I smile a little more.

"It's okay."

She lays down and I lay next to her. She cuddles into my side slightly and I face her. She is looking at our still joint hands.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"Nothing. I just feel shaken up." She says quietly. "Did I say anything else in my sleep?" She asks looking up at me.
I gulp slightly.

"I did didn't I?" She says pulling away.

I don't know whether if I should tell her or not. I think she deserves to know, I have also kinda given it away to her by gulping.

"In your sleep you were saying that you love me. And that I mean a lot to you. But you were dreaming so it's probably not true." I say feeling put down.
~~~~~~~~~~
A/

2/3

Please remember to vote for this chapter and to also leave a comment telling me what you think!

Thank you!

Bye! Xx