119. Messy Chefs

Tyler's pov

"Guys I am home!" Connor calls through the apartment.

"We are in here!" I call from the kitchen.

Me and Noelani are both making pasta together and Noelani has flour all over her nose and cheeks. It's funny because a bag of flour fell out of the shelf and landed on her head.

It exploded when it landed on her. It covered us both but we got most of it out of our hair but some has stayed on Noelani's face. Probably because of her makeup.

"Hey you two." Connor says walking into the kitchen.

"Hi Connie." Noelani says as she makes the sauce.

"What do you have on your nose?" Connor asks wiping it off.

"It might be flour because we had a flour explosion." Noelani says blushing as she wipes her face with a tissue

"Oh..." Connor says holding back laughter.

"Go and put your stuff away and then dinner will be ready." She says pushing his shoulder.

"Okay." He says leaving.

I smile at him as he walks past me. I am in control of the pasta. Well Noelani actually wanted me to be in charge because the sauce is her own recipe. I didn't want to mess anything up so I stuck with the pasta which is pretty easy.

I rinse out the water and Noelani tells me to add it into the sauce. I do what she says and she starts to mix it all together. It looks and smells so good. I am surprised she isn't a chef.

The sauce is tomato and bacon with a little bit of chilli powder to spice it up a little. Noelani starts to serve it up and I help her carry the plates out. We all sit round the table and dig in.

We all let out sighs. This is our second meal and we haven't eaten in about seven hours. We were all starving before this was served. And luckily this is just the meal we needed.

"This is really good Noelani." I say eating it.

"You helped me make it too." She says smiling.

"Looking after pasta isn't exactly helping." I say.

"Either way, you still helped me." She say eating it.

"This is really good, you should make it again you two." Connor says nearly finishing his bowl.

"Well I will make it again soon." Noelani says smiling. "Where did you have to go to in town?"

"Oh... Uh... Just to quickly look in a shop." Connor says struggling with words.

Noelani nods her head unconvinced. She keeps her head down and I can tell she is worried. She carries our bowls out to the kitchen and I follow her. Her movements are slow and expressionless.

I feel concerned because when Noelani has something in her mind, it plays games with her. It will run through her head until something bad happens. It normally results to something bad taking place.

She doesn't say a word. She just quietly moves round the kitchen, ignoring me. She probably doesn't even know I'm in the kitchen with her. It looks like she is in her own, troubled world.

"Noelani?" I ask quietly.

"Just go and sit down Ty." She says quietly.

I could hear her voice crack half way through and I felt pained that she couldn't even face me. I won't protest though, I'll do as she asks. She might just want to be alone so I'll let her be alone.

"Okay." I say hanging my head and walking out.

Connor is in his bedroom and I go into mine. After twenty minutes I hear the front door slam shut. And a few second later my phone goes off.

'Im going out for a few hours. Be back soon. ~Noelani x'

'Do you want me to meet you somewhere? ~Tyler x'

'I want to be on my own. Thanks Ty. ~Noelani x'

'Okay. Message me if you want me to pick you up. Stay safe. ~Tyler x'

I don't get a reply. Well at least she has messaged me. I think she deserves some alone time. She has been stressed out and hasn't had a night to herself in months. My door opens and Connor comes in.

"Where is Noelani?" He asks.

"She has gone out for a while. Where were you Connor? You better tell me if you're not going to tell the truth to her. I could tell she is worried."

He sighs and sits next to me. He looks down at his hands nervously and then he looks back up at me.

"Well I went to..."

Connor's Pov

Dinner is really nice. Noelani always makes good tasting foods. She always makes us something different everyday. It's quite exciting when it comes to dinner time because you never know what you are going to get.

"Where did you have to go to in town?" Noelani asks me.

I stop chewing and fiddle round for an answer. I can't tell her...

"Oh... Uh... Just to quickly look in a shop." I say not sure on my answer.

Noelani nods a little but her head stays low. I have answered the question wrong but I had to. She can't know, not yet anyway. This is important and I don't want it to be ruined. Not for her. I know I might end up upsetting her but it'll be worth it at the end, I hope.

When we all finish our bowls of pasta Noelani carries them out. Her body language has drooped a lot and I feel guilty. I go into my room and look at what I brought. A smile creeps into my lips and I quickly hide it again, just in case one of them comes in or Noelani sees it.

I hear the front door slam shut and I walk out my room and search the house. I realise that Noelani is nowhere to be found. I walk into Tylers room and he is on his phone, texting someone.

"Where is Noelani?" I ask just incase he knows.

"She has gone out for a while. Where were you Connor? You better tell me if you're not going to tell the truth to her. I could tell she is worried." Tyler says firmly and with a bit of anger in his voice.

I sit down next to his bed. Maybe if I tell him he will understand why I can't tell Noelani and he could help me out. I sigh and look up at him. He is expecting the truthful answer so I have to give it to him.

"Well I went to..." I start to explain.
~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hey guys if you enjoyed this chapter make sure you vote for it and leave a comment telling me what you think of this chapter and the story so far!

Thank you!

Bye! Xx