Chapter 142 - Built For Two.

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure? I don't want you to feel overwhelmed with us being there" Nikki mentioned as you ran a hand over your face.

"I'm sure, I'm not having Gunner jump from place to place. The kid needs security." You said hating that you cared too much.

"Well you only have to put up with my shit for a few weeks until I go on tour" Nikki said quietly. You had to remind yourself why you weren't together in the first place.

You broke the news to Izzy and she seemed happy. You told her it didn't mean anything, but the look she was giving you was skeptical. Like she could see right through your shit. It didn't take long for Nikki and his moving guys to bring all of his stuff in as well as Gunner's.

You wondered if it was just as quick when he moved it all out.

"I give her all my love, that's all I do. And if you saw my love, you'd love her, too and I love her" You sang as you danced around Izzy as you served her breakfast.

"Mom you are so embarrassing" Izzy said moodily as she stuck her fork into her pancake. Nikki smiled as you did the same with Gunner, kissing him on the head.

He frowned when you gave him a bowl of fruit with no singing, no dancing, no kisses.

"You aren't letting me eat pancakes so you don't get to either" You mentioned with a smirk as you walked off to get dressed.

After a while Nikki went to the front door and let Tommy in as he ran to the downstairs toilet, desperate for a piss. The door was locked as Gunner yelled he was in there. Nikki pointed upstairs as he ate his watermelon.

You danced in the shower as you listened to the radio. You actually woke up in a good mood rather than your usual aches and pains. It was so bizarre how Nikki had an affect on pretty much everything you did and felt.

The door opened as you got out the shower. You looked up to see Tommy staring at you with a grin.

"Whoa, so I was thinking about the other week and I've changed my mind" Tommy smirked as you grabbed a towel and wrapped it around yourself, not looking terribly impressed.

"I was in a moment of need and I can't say I was proud of my actions" You mentioned walking out the bathroom, letting Tommy use it in peace.

You walked downstairs to see Nikki sat by the pool as he stroked the dogs as he read a book. You sat down next to him and he looked at you in nothing but a towel.

"Is it my birthday?" Nikki smirked and you gave him the finger.

"Tommy's in the bedroom. Why he's here I don't know, he's just always here" You said looking at him as he smiled.

"What are you reading?" You asked him. Your lounger creaked as Nikki pulled it so it was against his. He relaxed back and put an arm around you as he read the page outloud to you.

You watched him as he read the book to you, you had no idea what he was saying or what the book was about. You were just mesmerised with the way he spoke. He was so intelligent. It wasn't something you thought about a lot.

Sure the man was a sex god, he looked the part of a rockstar and he was a tough guy. But the intellect when he spoke was so unappreciated.  You leant up and kissed him gently. You felt his smirk against your lips as he threw the book aside and held you as close as he could, his lips moving against your lazily.