Chapter 29 - Wedding Blues

Nikki was stood at the top of the altar with Tommy by his side

Nikki was stood at the top of the altar with Tommy by his side. He watched as Heather walked down the aisle. She was so pristine it made him sick. Her personality was the opposite. She had reigns on Tommy Lee and she knew exactly when to control them.

He had spent the last hour trying to convince Tommy that it wasn't gonna work out and that she was bad news.

"Do you wanna be my best man here or not? Cause you're ruining this day for me dude" Tommy snapped at one point. Nikki realised he had to hold his hands up and let it happen.

Mick brought Dawn and Vince brought Sharise. It turns out Vince's time off was spent well as Sharise was rubbing a baby bump all night long. The rest of the crowd was filled with her friends, tv stars who were cut from the same cloth. And randomly Lita with her huge hair and her leather jacket, clapping and cheering for Tommy, doing a swell job of pissing off Heather's side.

He imagined what his wedding would be like, it would be different to his and Brandi's. He would remember this one instead of fake laughing over pictures of the night he didn't remember happening. Brandi was hard work planning the wedding and you were making it easy work. You listened to everything he wanted and you tried your best to make it work with what you wanted. You understood the give and take in a relationship. He was excited but he was sad. Today should have been your day, This should be you walking towards him and Tommy, not Heather.

They finally said their vows and their I do's with no interruptions which was Tommy's biggest fear. After that was over, Nikki clapped lazily with everyone else before heading to the party in another part of the hotel they were at.

"Y'know you are really lucky to have me as a date Sixxter" Lita smirked as he pulled on his suit jacket "Though I'd appreciate a dance at some point."

"I promise we will have a dance. Just gonna call home" He said heading outside.

He found a payphone in the lobby and put your number in. These things were dull without you. He missed you pointing out the cheesy songs or the weird couples. Or when you would both laugh at Vince or 'aw' at Mick and Dawn. The phone dialled out as he checked the time, he was calling later than he promised. Best man duties were the worst.

He hadn't seen you much the last two days as he headed to the Dollhouse for Tommy's bachelor party and stayed with Tommy that night making sure he wasn't too hungover for today.

The line went on and on before the end tone called out. He hung up the phone and headed back to the party.

"When's a good time for me to make a break for it?" Nikki asked as he slow danced with Lita.

"You sure make a girl feel special Sixx" She laughed and he apologised. "I understand you miss her. I'm glad you both found each other"

"Me too. This whole thing with Heather just sucks." He frowned as he watched her walk round with the photographer, directing him who to take a picture of. When she seen him and Lita, she smiled.