Chapter 115 - Blame at the door.

Start from the beginning

"Why don't you go play along to the record while I make sure daddy hasn't hurt himself" You said and she nodded heading to your room. With a sigh you walked down the stairs. You stood on the final step to avoid the glass on the floor. Nikki looked at you as you offered your hand to him. He threw the broom to the floor and held you close.

"He's such a fucking idiot" Nikki mumbled as he held you.

"He was drunk Nikki. Without the band, he doesn't have anything. And it scared him. He's just laying the blame at my door" You assured as you rubbed his back.

"It's so unfair. He knows what you've gone through and he pulls that shit? You're the one who pushed me to keep touring. He doesn't realise that shit" Nikki growled as he held you tighter.

"People are shit Nikki. But they work through their issues" You kissed him on the cheek before looking at his hand. The stitches had come undone again.

"I don't understand why we replaced the mirror after the first time" He snorted. "I'm sorry babe."

"It's fine, we gotta get you restitched. I have a kit upstairs if you don't wanna go to the hospital" You mentioned and he nodded. You both heard Izzy singing random words at the top of her voice, you both chuckled and he kissed you.

"C'mon Izzy was worried about you, let's go upstairs"

—-

"Can I tell you something?" You asked Nikki as he winced as you stitched up the first knuckle. He nodded and you sighed.

"I've never wanted a drink more in my life than I do right now" You admitted.

"Well that's not a bad thing. You're allowed to think about that kinda stuff, it's whether you act on it" Nikki gritted his teeth and hissed as you pulled the next one through.

"I think we need a holiday. Maybe we could go to that lake Tommy's always going on about. The three of us, Tommy maybe even Lita." You suggested.

"That sounds good to me. I'm gonna put this out there, why don't we invite Mick and Vince too?" Nikki asked and you scoffed.

"Cause Tommy hates Vince, I'm not Vince's biggest fan right now and I think Mick is busy banging that back up dancer chick" You said as you finished his stitches.

"Lake Tahoe, I think we could finally all make amends and just go forward" Nikki said holding your hand. You looked at him skeptically and sighed.

"All right, but this lake is perfect for me to bury Vince's fat ass if he pisses me off."

Nikki kissed your cheek and grabbed his phone. There was no going back now. It sounded like the worst idea ever, but Nikki was excited about it.

"My show is ready!" You heard Izzy yell as she ran into the kitchen. She grabbed yours and Nikki's hand and tried dragging you into the living room.

"I've just gotta make some quick calls and then I'll come watch" Nikki said and Izzy stamped her foot.

"I always watch you play!" She folded her arms and you looked at Nikki with a shrug. He closed his phone and grabbed Izzy as she squealed.

"Fine Miss Rockstar, you better have the best song ever" Nikki growled at her as he spun her around.

You sat on the sofa, you hid your laugh as you watched Izzy stand up on the other sofa with her little guitar. Nikki grabbed his camera and took a picture and she stomped her foot again.

"You need to listen!" She huffed.

"I don't think there's photos allowed" You whispered to Nikki and he rolled his eyes putting his camera down.

"I hate arenas like this, their rules are so harsh" He mumbled back and you grinned, leaning into him as
Izzy cleared her throat.

You watched as she incoherently strummed her guitar and sang in babbles, words you couldn't even make out. But she was so into it as she ran across the sofa with the guitar, pointing to you and Nikki and the dogs as she "performed".  It lasted all of two minutes then she stopped, looking at you and Nikki in silence.

"Wooo!" You yelled clapping as Nikki grabbed Izzy off the sofa and handed her a piece of paper and a pen.

"I want your autograph, you're my favourite singer of all time" He grinned as she scribbled on it. He waved the paper in your face. "I got her autograph and you don't have one" He teased.

"No fair" You laughed as she came over to you and handed you her guitar. "What's this?"

"For you mommy so you can play too"

"Oh my god are you asking me to be in your band?" You said surprised and she nodded. 

"What about me? Daddy's a rockstar too" Nikki said cuddling Izzy.

"No boys allowed"

For the first time since it happened, you forgot that you were ever sad in the first place.
—-

"Tommy said he will do it. Lita was always gonna be a yes. Mick said he will come if we get cabins rather than camp. Vince told me to fuck off" Nikki explained with a sigh as you laid your head on his chest. You were both lying on the sofa in the living room making the camping arrangements.

"Well that's it then, no Vince. Yes everyone else" You shrugged.

"I'm gonna keep pushing Vince. He needs this more than anyone" Nikki sighed. "Wasn't Izzy great today?"

"She was awesome. It's a shame we can't get Tommy's kids over, spend some time with her. What about Gunner?" You asked but Nikki shook his head.

"Brandi is taking him on vacation with her new husband." He said as he flicked through the tv channels. "It won't last, he'll soon realise she's insane."

"True true. What about Donna? You heard from her recently?" You asked and Nikki cringed.

"I haven't heard from her, but she's engaged to someone we know" Nikki rubbed his neck as he always did when he felt awkward. You narrowed your eyes.

"Who?"

"Richie."

"Richie as in Lita's Richie?" You gasped. "Does Lita know?"

"Probably it's all over the news. Plus Richie and Lita called it off so it's not as scandalous as you're making out" Nikki retorted.

"I kinda hope it works out for them both in a weird way. They aren't bad people" You murmured. "Don't tell Lita I said that"

"Your secret is safe with me" He said kissing your head as he handed you the tv remote. "Put your shit tv on, I can't find anything."

"My tv choice isn't shit" You grumbled as you watched him put his arm behind his head and closed his eyes. "Don't start snoring and interrupting my tv time."

"Hush" He said giving you a light slap on the ass. His hand stilled after he did it and looked at you in shock. "I didn't think..I'm sorry."

"Nikki, it's you and it's me. I'm not a delicate flower. I'm not scared of you, you don't give me horrible flashbacks. So please, smack my ass, have sex with me, bite my neck. I don't care, cause it's what we do" You assured. He looked at you skeptically until you grabbed his hand and put it on your ass. He smirked and gave it a light squeeze.

"Now if you don't mind, I got some reality TV to watch" You mumbled flicking over the channels.