Chapter 56 - Babyshower Bitches.

Start from the beginning

You stormed over and grabbed Izzy from his grasp, for the first time ever, she stopped crying and buried her head into your neck, sniffling.

"You should both be ashamed of yourselves. It's disgusting that you come to someone else's baby shower and you can't even be civil" You hissed at them both.

"You" You pointed at Donna. "Understand this, Nikki left you. Whether you agree with the reasons or not. He did. And that's it, so drop it"

She went to reply but you held your hand up and turned to Nikki.

"And you, you come to your friends party and can't just keep your head in the sand? You can't walk away can you? You made the situation so bad that you're daughter is in hysterics because she doesn't understand why you are so mad." You glared at him and shook your head. "You both need to grow up and move on."

With that you left them to it and took Izzy inside. You found a quiet room for you and her as you held her close. She played with your hair and smiled at you as you rocked her gently.

"Your mommy just wants to keep you safe. She loves you so much" You whispered to her as she eventually drifted off.

There was a knock at the door and Nikki came in. You put a finger to your lips with a glare and he nodded. He slid next to you and sighed.

"I'm sorry, I was on the defense and then she kept going on. And I got nasty with her, which I'm not proud of. I just want her to leave us alone" He whispered as you leant your head against the wall. "I didn't realise Izzy was upset. If I knew I would have just walked away"

"She's a bitch and I get that. Sometimes our past comes to bite us on the ass. But don't bring our child into it Nikki. She doesn't need to be around shit like that. She's impressionable" You murmured back.

"I'm sorry" He murmured kissing Izzy's head and repeated it to you. "I love you both so much."

"I love you too" You replied. You watched the door open and Pamela put her head around the door.

"Hey Nikki, Tommy wants your help with something downstairs" Pamela mentioned and Nikki nodded. He ran a hand through your hair before exiting the room.

"I wanted to speak to you if that's okay.." Pamela added as she sat down next to you.

"Oh yeah sure, what's up? You okay?" You asked repositioning Izzy.

"I'm fine, it's you I wanted to discuss" Pamela swallowed, leaning to close the door. "We both know that Nikki can have a bit of a temper when he doesn't get his own way.."

"Well, doesn't everyone?" You asked not really sure what she was getting at.

"I saw the bruises on your wrist today, and I just want you to know that I completely have your back if you wanted to do something about it" She said and you looked at her gone out.

"These are just sex related bruises" You chuckled in disbelief. "Nikki would never ever hurt me. Even when I've seen him at his worst. Even when I threw his heroin out, I mean if someone's gonna get nasty, that would have been the time"

Pamela looked at you unconvinced and you sighed.

"Nikki has never and will never lay a finger on me in a physical violent manner. And if he did, I have more than enough sass about me to kick his ass" You explained.

"Well, it's just a thought, in case things were going south" She said patting you on the arm, you helped her up and followed her downstairs. You were grateful to have her as a friend, but you didn't want her to have a preconceived thought like that about Nikki on her mind.

—-

"This is just a pit stop, do not unpack. It took so long for you to pack for this tour initially" Nikki groaned as he got into bed.

"Y'know how I said these sex bruises would draw the wrong kind of attention? Well it happened" You murmured pulling your clothes off and climbing into bed. Nikki hovered over you as he leant on his side, inspecting the bruise on your arm.

"Pamela was looking at me pissed off throughout the party, I can guess why" He muttered. "They know I would never.."

"Of course, I made it very clear." You nodded as you watched him deep in thought. "Hey, stop overthinking"

"Do you feel disrespected when we do stuff like that?" He asked worriedly and you shook your head.

"Never ever. We both like it rough sometimes and sometimes we just act in the moment. Please don't start treating me like glass" You pleaded as you ran a thumb over his cheek.

"Alright, I won't. It just hurts me a little bit that people think I could do that to you" Nikki sighed.

"We both know you wouldn't and you haven't. And that's that." You ordered. "On the topic of serious subjects, have you thought anymore about that vasectomy?"

"A little. I'm nearly 40, we have so much sex, it just doesn't feel right for me to have anymore kids going forward" Nikki reasoned and you nodded, you understood. "Do you want more?"

"I don't know. I like having the option but it's your body and it's your choice. I'm just being selfish" You mumbled.

"I think it would be selfish of me to have anymore kids, I don't wanna be a fuckin old ass dad" Nikki sighed. "I've got years on you babe, and I wanted us to have at least one and we did"

"I don't understand, did you think we'd have more by now?" You asked and he nodded silently.

"I thought we'd have two. One when we got married in the beginning and another around the time we had Izzy. But the windows gone, we're both too busy now and Izzy is a lot on her own" Nikki  looked at you as you shot him a sad look.

You understood, it hurt, but you understood.