Chapter 50 - Generation Argument

Start from the beginning

"I can't be biased because you're you. And you can't get pissed at me if it comes down to his track" Nikki said and you raised an eyebrow.

"Until this album is finished, whilst you guys are here playing music, you're my client. If you guys don't like what I've done, then that's no disrespect to me, I'm here to do what you want" You said holding your hands up. "No special treatment"

"Well that's good to know" Nikki nodded as he put his arms around you. "Can you be off the clock so I can kiss you right now?"

"You can have 2 minutes of non chargeable time if you want" You smiled kissing Nikki.

—-

"Okay we listened and we took a vote and we prefer it without a guitar solo" Nikki said looking at you both. You glared at Scott celebrating in the corner of your eye.

"It wasn't unanimous" Mick scoffed.

"We don't think we need a solo in every song" Vince shrugged. "Anyway, we think that you guys should split the songs between you so there's no clashes"

"Okay, who's doing what?" You asked as they handed you the paper. Find Myself, Afraid, Beauty, Anybody Out There, Let Us Pray and Brandon were yours.

Everything else Scott had, apart from Shout at the Devil.

"We want you both to work on Shout" Nikki commented.

You were fine with all this, clearly they thought you had a talent for the heavier songs. And you were really excited to do some fresh with Brandon. You hoped Nikki remembered how excited you were to do that one and that's why he picked you.

"Great, I want to record in my actual studio. So that means we don't have to cut out time in half. Just the members" Scott smiled. "We'll come up with a schedule"

—-

The schedule didn't quite work out, you were lucky that you got most of Vince's vocals done first. He had  called to say something was wrong with Skylar and he couldn't make Scott's sessions until Skylar was well again. You sent stuff to the hospital from you and Nikki until you could get up there and see her.

"C'mon rhythm section" You said watching Tommy and Nikki. You had decided to start on Afraid, you were excited to really put some expression on it. Especially as it was about your own frustrations.

You would record them both together to get a rough idea of what you wanted and then do separate tracks. The issue you had was Nikki, he was not being as professional with you as you liked.

"C'mon babe I've gotta concentrate on Tommy's part" You grumbled as Nikki kept annoying you as you were watching Tommy. You had managed to get some help with Izzy, which seemed kinda ridiculous as you were in the same house but you needed to focus.

"We just never get a moment on our own, I'm thinking of all the stuff we could do" He murmured as you felt him brush your hair back and start kissing your neck.

"Tommy keep going, I'm just working on some stuff" You called as you pushed the button to talk into the studio. You turned in your chair to face Nikki.

"Whilst I'm on the clock you're just Nikki Sixx. And I am just your producer. Like Bob, you wouldn't be getting all up on Bob. So c'mon, we don't know each other like that" You instructed before turning around  and messing with the mixing again.

"So..You seeing someone?" Nikki asked after a while as he leant against the mixing desk. "You're way too hot to be single"

"Nikki!" You laughed "This isn't what I meant. Let me produce your album. Get away from me with your teenage libido"

—-

"I love this song" You mentioned as you managed to get the three guys in the studio. You had got all of Afraid done, you were just watching Nikki do some backing vocals for it now.

"A song you can hear a guitar in, thank fuck" Mick said putting his feet up on the table as he held Izzy who was watching Nikki through the glass. "Whatcha doing girlie?" Mick asked as Izzy pulled herself onto her legs and started bouncing as she held onto him. You laughed, you had never seen her do that before.

"She likes the song dude, she's dancing" Tommy chuckled. "Maybe her and Brandon will get together and we can be related"

"You'll have to talk to Nikki about that" You snorted as you stopped the tape. "Babe can we do the bit before the bridge again, the Oh parts"

Nikki nodded as he held the headphones again as you pressed play again. You were so happy with this song. Scott had a way of playing with effects and using crazy technology which in the end felt flat to you. But this was raw, you were gonna add some effects for sure, but this to you sounded better.

You nodded and stuck your thumbs up at Nikki as you stopped the track.

It was 10pm and all the guys had gone home but you were on a roll, you wanted to get this track finished today.  Nikki came in occasionally trying to pry you away from the work. But he was so happy how dedicated you were too.

"Babe, we've got to get to the hospital" Nikki said coming in. You turned round to see him looking upset.  "I've got a sitter, but we have to go now."

"What's happened, I don't understand?" You said standing up, taking his hand.

"Vince has found out Skylar's got cancer. They are operating on her now, but he's a complete mess. He doesn't think she'll come out of it" Nikki sighed. "I can't even think of how he's feeling"

"C'mon, let's go" You said grabbing your keys.