Chapter 29 - Wedding Blues

Start from the beginning

"These two having a moment.." She directed the photographer. Nikki grimaced at the flash in his eyes and looked at Heather sternly.

"I'm glad you left your dog at home" Heather smiled looking at Lita and him. "Iggy too."

"What a bitch" Lita snorted.

"She has done nothing but make sacrifices for you. How about you have some respect?" Nikki warned lowly.

"Okay I'll be respectful. I respectfully decline an invite to your wedding and so does Tommy" Heather smiled sickly. "Enjoy your cake".

He watched her walk off and Nikki stalked over to Tommy. He didn't want to do this tonight, he looked like he was having a good time.

"Nikki! I was saying to Vince that we should do more romantic songs. We'd be played at so many weddings dude" Tommy smiled.

"Sure." Nikki stated coldly. "Dude are you still gonna be my best man."

"I need to talk to you about that man" Tommy rubbed his head awkwardly. "I don't think I can do it"

"Why are you letting her have the say?" Nikki asked frustrated.

"I already did it with Brandi anyway and it should probably be one of the other guys turn" Tommy tried to defend. "I've got shit on that day, you picked a popular day."

"I changed my day for you T Bone!" Nikki looked at him sadly. "This is fucked up, your my best friend and you don't wanna come to my wedding."

"Dude, I just can't. I want to but I can't"

Nikki held his hands up as he walked out of the hotel. He got his shit and got in the car, he was done.

—-

The lights were on in the house as he arrived. He walked in and heard music blasting. He needed a drink, he was so mad. But he owed it to you to stay straight. He walked into the house and was greeted by Madonna's vogue playing throughout every room. He raised an eyebrow as he put his stuff down and went in the living room. He found you holding Iggy's paws as you danced around in a robe and a face mask. You turned around and jumped when you saw Nikki. He laughed and turned down the record player as you held your chest.

"You scared me, I thought you were staying at the hotel tonight" You said breathlessly sitting down. He fussed Iggy as he sat down next to you.

"I can see, you were voguing without me" He went to kiss you and grimaced as the liquid touched his lips.

"I never vogue with you" You smirked "Voguing, face masks and dancing with the dog is reserved for when you aren't here."

" I can see that" He laughed and ran a hand through your hair. "How have you been babe?"

"Good, I met up with Jon Bon Jovi and his management yesterday to discuss a song he's doing for a film. So I've been trying to come up with some ideas to distract me from the thoughts of you at the Dollhouse" You smirked.

"I needed a distraction from the thoughts of you and Bon Jovi" He laughed and you winked at him.

"He is a good looking guy. Very clean" You teased. "How was the wedding, please tell me it didn't go ahead."

"It went ahead" Nikki sighed following you as you headed upstairs to wash your mask off. He kicked off his shoes and took his clothes off and got into the bed. "Lita had a lot of fun, it was boring as fuck for me"

"That's a shame, any slow dances?" You asked coming out the bathroom fresh faced as you took your robe off and joined him. "That's better" He mumbled kissing you deeply, pulling you to him.

"How many dances?" You pulled back smiling as he pouted.

"Just one with Lita. Heather took a really great shot. It will probably be in the papers tomorrow" Nikki grunted as he lay back.

"She's a bitch, honestly. There's so many photos I have of her new husband I could give to the press too. I wouldn't but I could" You muttered as you put your arm around him as you lay on his chest.

"That's all that happened" Nikki lied and you smiled.

"Well as long as Tommy is happy. Maybe in turn she can be muffled at our wedding" You said kissing him on his chest.

"You are such a good hearted person" Nikki said softly as he ran his thumb over your cheek. "Your still inviting her after all of her shit."

"If she wasn't married to Tommy it would be a different story. But I'm not risking Tommy not being there. He's your best friend, he's one of the most important people in your life and mine too." You explained as Nikki lay there staring at the ceiling. He said no words just kissed the top of your head and turned the light off.

—-

"We are still together, everything is great. Lita is my best friend" You explained down the phone to your manager. Nikki called it, Heather released the photo of him and Lita to the magazines and teased that Nikki had left you. Your manager took your statement and gave that to the press.

"It's a cute picture" You said sitting down with him as you drank your coffee. "Look at your arms, you aren't even in butt reach territory"

"This is fucked up" Was all he could say as he chucked the magazine into the pool. You frowned as you watched him pace getting more and more angry.

"Babe?..Nikki?" You called out to him as he flipped a sunlounger by the pool. You followed him in the house as he grabbed the phone.

"Tell me what's going on first" You said taking the phone from him as you jumped and sat on one of the counter tops. You led him over to stand in between your legs and he stared at the floor.

"Babe, come on talk to me" You said rubbing his shoulders.

"She won't let Tommy come to the wedding. And he's not putting up a fight" Nikki said quietly. "I can't have a wedding without Tommy. But I can't not marry you."

"That's okay" You kept calm though your mind was building up so many emotions, but you would be no use to Nikki if you flew off the handle right now.

"I'll sort this out. Non violently" You joked but he still didn't move. "Babe, trust me. Please don't be sad."

He said nothing as he wrapped his arms around you, burying his face into your neck. You rubbed his back as you held him. You had no idea how you were gonna resolve this, but you needed to do it fast.