97

"I don't like the idea of Harry or any of those other kids being in that tri-wizard tournament," Harley stated whilst she and Bill were collecting goblin silver from a raid.

Bill had received a letter from his parents, his mother clearly hysterical whilst writing it from the obvious jagged writing and little, wet splotches from tears. It explained how Harry had, somehow, became the fourth champion and the rules would not let him escape it.

Bill, despite worrying for the boy, was all for Harry participating, claiming Harry has 'natural talent', that may be true, but Harley was so bloody worried.

Bill glanced over at her briefly but returned to looking back at his work. "Why, love? Harry's a bright kid, he'll probably win it."

"Emphasis on the 'kid', Bill. He's fourteen years old, Maddie was fifteen and she has been scarred for life! Do you even know what happened in the last tournament?" Harley ran her hand through the mats in her hair, shutting her eyes tightly, "I don't want that child getting hurt."

"Maddie? Madison, Remus' friend?" Bill asked her dropping what he was holding and joined Harley's side. She nodded her head. "What happened?"

Harley sighed, "She watched one of her best friends die during the final task, Bill, there were no age boundaries then but I don't understand why Dumbledore will allow another to take place at Hogwarts. It's actually disgusting!"

Bill ripped Harley's wand from her hand as she went to flick it at some ornaments. There was anger written all over her face and he was pretty sure she was going to crack and burst into tears. He pulled the woman into his arms and nuzzled his nose into her neck.

"I didn't know any of that." Bill told her, "But you are right. It's bloody awful, I dread to think now, what will happen."

Harley stayed silent and slipped from Bill's arms. She took her wand from him so that she was prepared for anything that came at her, "To be honest, I'd rather stop talking about it, I know I was the one to bring it up, but can we just stop?"

"Whatever you want," Said Bill sliding past her, pecking her forehead as he did so. H rubbed her arm and got back to work. "I love curse-breaking but, gawd bugger me, I am so bored!"

Harley laughed at the pouting redhead and glanced down at her watch, "Only fifteen minutes and we can clock off, calm your itty-bitty-titties."

The pair worked playfully for the rest of the fifteen minutes and as they left that house, telling Roger they were off home, it was like a breath of fresh air. The couple couldn't get home fast enough and curl up on the sofa with a book between them.

An hour into their reading, Bill and Harley were interrupted by Ginger squawking loudly from the window pane a new letter from Remus in his beak. Bill retrieved it handing it to his "so lazy" girlfriend, who instantly noticed a change in her cousin's handwriting.

She looked at the ripped, muddy, envelope with scribble on it, in confusion but opened it nonetheless.

Baby Knight,

                         I know this is far-fetched (teehee 'fetch'ed') but I really need a layover for a couple of days, I'm currently in Cairo. I don't want to endanger you or, that Weasley git, but I'd be very grateful if you'd let me bunk at yours for a couple of days and then I'll be out of your hair.

You can say no, I don't want to pressure you. It's bad enough I'm endangering you by sending this.

All my love,