137

Needless to say Bill did not want to let Harley out of his sight. Neither did Sirius and Neither did Lyall. It became apparent that the Lupin's were not having a brilliant time as Remus faced the werewolves to try and form and allegiance, Belle was still, ultimately struggling in her final year of school and Harley, well Harley was a mess. The three men gathered around the kitchen table in Harley and Bill's flat to discuss said matters. Harley was experiencing her first day at work in a library at a university whilst this took place, so there was no fear that she would walk in any time soon.

Lyall held his head in his hands and shook it. "I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm failing Hope." He admitted.

"You're not failing her, Lyall, you are doing your absolute best to look after your family in the best way possible. Remus is a grown man who can look after himself, Harley, as much as I hate to say it, is the same and Belle is complicated. Now I don't mean that in a mean way but it's true. That girl has so many issues that have literally no context, and this that do are confusing and it's none of your fault. What to do with her is difficult because we need to find out why things are the way they are. For example, her education. The sorting hat wouldn't have put her in Ravenclaw for no reason. The voices? Well we know that it's one of the boys from the children home. Or so she thinks. We need to eliminate the idea of them being dead by proving that they aren't. Then it might stop entirely."

"Sirius is right. As much as I would like to focus entirely on Harley, Belle is the one at this precise moment that needs our uttermost attention. If we sort her out, then Remus will be our next focus and that stems down to his confidence, his worry over Belle and Dumbledore's orders. Then Harley will be okay because she won't be worrying over Remus and Belle, people might not realise it but she is forever worrying about them. And then the rest of her problems should follow through," said Bill.

Lyall sighed defenceless, "it's easier said than done."

"Of course it is, Lyall, but you're forgetting one thing. We have about thirty odd people to help us."

"I suppose you're right. Let's get started then. I'll get some paper, I love a good mind map and that should help us to work out how we sort things out."

An hour later and the paper was full to the brim with information and ways to sort Belle's situation and her problems. Lyall had made some calls to get someone to look into the children's home and what happened to them after they left Hogwarts. Then a second paper was not quite so full, but still very detailed on how to help Remus and then the same was done on a third piece for Harley. The men were exhausted but proud of the work they had completed and were in a happy position with going forward.

With a glass of scotch in their hands, they rested up in the living room. "I'm still surprised how you are still hiding, Sirius, and in plain sight!" Exclaimed Lyall, "obviously I am glad but my point still stands."

"It's easy once you've spent thirteen years rotting away in Azkaban."

"So, I think we're all wondering. What's going on between you and Madison? Are you together or what?"

"Well. I'm glad to say, Bill, that we're getting there. Just a little longer and hopefully we will be. I love her to pieces and I do want her again and I'm not afraid to say so. I never wanted to lose her. I hated it. Still do. But I'm glad as to the way we are now and what we will hopefully be."

"That's good to hear. I couldn't imagine being in your position. If I lost Harley I don't know what I would do."

"Well take it as a good thing that it happened to me, I've been through it so you don't have to."

* * *

"How was work, love?" Bill asked Harley as she arrived home that evening, placing her bad by the door and wandering into the kitchen to find some food already cooking.

She smiled softly and spun on her heels to see Bill stood leaning against the doorframe. "It was good, what are you cooking?"

"Mum's spaghetti bolognese recipe. I followed it down to the dot so it should be edible." Bill chuckled, holding her waist and pulling her close to him. He leaned down close, his breath fanning her lips, disappearing as the space between them left and they became one. It was short and brief but the passion that flowed around their veins was enough to ignite a fire in their hearts and bring warmth to them.

"What did you do today?" Harley questioned tucking his hair behind his ear and laying her hand on his cheek the cold of her engagement ring contrasting with his hot face.

"I spent the day with your uncle and Sirius. We just a had a lads day and were discussing men stuff."

"Hmm, men stuff, is that code for me?"

"Potentially."

Harley rolled her eyes and let him go, kicking off her shoes and setting herself on the sofa, holding her arms out open for a cuddle. Bill climbed onto her and cuddled up with her, nuzzling his head into the crook of her neck peppering it with kisses. "You know what? I actually quite like the idea of university life. But mainly because the library is huge!"

"You want to go back to school?"

"Meh. I dunno. Not right now. All I want right now is to marry you and have this stupid war end."

"Me too, Harls, me too. Have you sorted out anything else for the wedding? I also ordered my robes today."

"I have discussed my dress options and Darcy has kindly and very generously offered to make it." Harley smiled widely, "she tried to suggest doing it free of charge but I couldn't allow that. A lot goes into a wedding dress and a lot of time as well so I insisted she gets money for it."

"That's good but who is Darcy when she is at home?"

"Maddie's mum."

"Oh that is wonderful then. No doubt it will be great and you will look beautiful," Bill trailed his kisses up from her neck, over her jaw to her lips.

"Thank you, Will. But we have a long wait to go first."

"As long as I have you, the time will fly by."