17

After a long, sweaty day at work Bill went home to shower and get changed whilst Harley showered, changed and started to cook dinner. As it was one of the hottest days so far, she opted for grilled, barbeque chicken and salad on the side. She started to make the barbeque marinade as Bill entered her home. Harley finely grated the orange zest into a shallow bowl. Then she crumbled in some dried chilli. Then adding some paprika, mustard, honey, ketchup and a splash of olive oil, seasoning with a small pinch each of the salt and pepper and she started to mix it well. After that was made she split the mix into thirds. Two thirds stayed in the bowl used to prepare it the other third went into a different bowl for later.  "Mmm, something smells good." Exclaimed Bill joining Harley by the kitchen side. "What are you making?" 

Leaving the marinade to set for a while, Harley began to slice chicken breasts into strips. "Barbeque chicken and salad. I thought as it is hot today it would be better not to have a hot meal and just a light one." Bill nodded, and watched the woman prepare the food. She placed the chicken strips into the marinade and made sure they were fully covered before she covered the bowl in cling film and left the chicken to marinade for twenty minutes. She washed her hands before starting to prepare the salad. 

"Do you want any help?" Bill asked, Harley shook her head. "You sure?"

Harley nodded, "Yes. Unless you want to set the table and sit down ready. It won't take long." The man pulled open a drawer and took out some knives and forks, then retrieved to plates from the cupboard (putting them near Harley) before placing the utensils at the table. Meanwhile, harley chopped up some lettuce, black beans, corn, tomatoes, red onions, and placed them into a large bowl with some olive oil. She then tossed the salad up so everything was thoroughly mixed. 

After the twenty minutes was up Harley turned to the grill pan, and put it over high heat to get it screaming hot. She used tongs to transfer the chicken breasts onto the grill pan. She cooked each chicken strip for about 5 minutes on each side, turning every minute and basting as she went, until golden and cooked through. Placing the strips onto the two plates she spooned a little of the reserved sauce over each strip from the third she had left over. Leaving the strips to cool she started on a salad dressing. Taking the normal heinz  salad dressing and heinz bbq sauce she mixed them together in a bowl adding a bit of oil to make it runnier before she drizzled it over the salad in the bowl. She then carried the bowl of salad to the table with some tongs and a large to spoon to use to serve it. She then went back for the plates and then made some drinks. She had some cola in the fridge and served that up knowing Bill had probably never tried it. "It looks great, cheers Harls." 

"Don't mention it Will, now get some salad and dig in." Harley smiled and dished herself some salad. She sipped at her drink watching Bill as he did the same. His face contorted into many different expressions before settling on enjoyment. 

"What is this?" He asked looking at her glass.

Harley snorted, covering her mouth with the hand she hel her fork in, she quickly swallowed her piece of chicken before answering. "It's coca cola. A fizzy drink. Muggles drink it, my aunt introduced it to me when I was six, it's lovely and I continued to drink it as I grew up. Do you like it?"

Bill nodded. "It's amazing. I must buy some and give it to my dad and siblings to try, maybe my mum would try it too! What other fizzy drinks are there?"

"Well you have, Lemonade, Limeade, Cherryade, Appleade, Cream Soda, Dandelion and Burdock, Strawberry Jelly and Ice-cream, Ginger beer, a personal favourite of mine, and many others you can also get fizzy water, although it is called sparkling water, mind you, that isn't the best but you might like it." Harley grinned explaining this to Bill who stared at her in amazement. 

The two ate and discussed other muggle items before cleaning away the dishes and settling on the sofa. "Do you want to stay over? We have a day off tomorrow?" 

Bill stared at her, "Sure. I'll get my stuff in a bit." Harley smiled before bringing out a box from a cabinet under the muggle television she had. "What's that?"

"It's muggle chess."The blonde replied. "Have you played non-magic chess before?" The man shook his head. "Right, it's like wizards chess just without the smashing of pieces you just remove them from the board."

"Oh that sounds boring." Bill commented.

"It's not. Just you grew up playing wizard's chess meaning you're used to the whole smashing of pieces and stuff, but I grew up with the muggle version and to me it doesn't seem boring. Please give it a try? For me? Please?" She pouted sticking out her bottom lip and crawling across the sofa after placing the box down on the coffee table. "Please?" She placed her head on Bill's shoulder, her eyes widening like a sad puppy. Bill tried to resist but her her face was just too cute. 

"No." He said not looking into her eyes, instead looking away. This only made Harley climb closer to Bill. 

"Please Will! PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!"She cried.

"I said no Harley!"

"But Bill!" 

"N-NO!" He exclaimed turning her head even further away. Harley climbed onto his lap so she was straddling him she grabbed his face and turned it to look at her. Bill's eyes opened further than before, "W-what are you doing?"

Harley smirked, "Please play chess with me." The man shook his head as best as he could even with her hands on his cheek. "Why not?" Bill shrugged as her face loomed closer to his. She began to whisper, "Is this position making you uncomfortable? If it is, tough luck, I won't get off of you until you agree. Yes, I am aware I am blackmailing you, but I don't care. Just because it is not violent, doesn't mean it isn't a good game. Because it is. I think you'll enjoy it." 

Bill nodded, "It is making me uncomfortable, but I am not agreeing." The truth is, it wasn't making him uncomfortable, in fact he was rather enjoying the position they were in. He placed his hands on her waist, and continued to stare at her. Of course Harley didn't notice this movement as she was too busy staring back at him trying to make him agree. 

"I know you're enjoying this right now. I can tell, your uh-is-uh." 

"Bugger." Bill hissed and lifted her off of his lap and blushed deeply. "I'm sorry." 

"Don't be, I know you can't control it, afterall I am once sexy little beast." Harley smirked and flipped her hair over her shoulder, winking too. Bill laughed at this, scratching the back of his neck. "Y'know I ma joking right." 

"I-I know."