153

As a married woman, you wouldn't expect to be living thousands of miles away from your husband, in a different continent in fact. Time went by and it did have its difficulties but Bill and Harley pulled through. They had contact with each other as much as possible and certainly cherished that time especially as the death toll began to rack up, along with the missing persons count.

Remus, Fred, George, Kingsley Shacklebolt and Lee Jordan had set up a radio show called "potterwatch" so that they could announce any news to the people of the wizarding world that hasn't been tampered with by deatheaters that had infiltrated the ministry. Each day, Harley dreaded to hear the name of any of her loved ones and certainly worried after Ron, Hermione and Harry who was on the run.

She often found herself pondering over Orlando or should I say, Riccio, too. She wondered where he was and what he was doing, whether he had found his feet or not. After all, they did build quite a strong bond despite it being on a pack of lies and all just a trick to try and kill her.

She worried tremendously about Belle and Ginny who were still at Hogwarts, she had heard that it wasn't a fantastic place to be anymore, especially with Snape as headmaster. She prayed that Belle's transformations were as good as they could possibly be and that she wasn't stressing too much about her grades.

She worried about Arthur who undoubtedly was getting stick at work for who he chose to be friends with and the views of him and his family along with his association with Harry. The ministry had become very very horrible and any government in the world can have its flaws and be hated by the majority but this government was one of the worst. Of course, there were worse in the world/history but this was one of the worst.

She worried about Sirius who was still trying to get cleared but that seemed to be on hold now due to the lack of 'normal' people in the ministry and his one powerful helper now dead. RIP Dumbledore.

She worried about Ron, Hermione and Harry who were barely of age and off hiding from an army of people who wanted them dead. She worried that they had been captured, injured, lost or killed. She worried that they were being tortured or that they were being led on a wild goose chase where the outcome was a dead end.

Harley was simply a mess and being far from her loved ones. Yes, she had Asa and Dylan as well as Roger but that wasn't the same, she loved them dearly and couldn't ask for better friends but come on, you must understand where she is coming from.

December was fast approaching and it didn't seem as if the war was coming to an end any time soon. The work in Egypt had slowed considering deatheaters were trying to infiltrate the regime the Goblin's had going on, so Gringotts was very particularly selecting only certain jobs in hopes that any unwanted visitors would not join the job.

Harley wasn't looking forward to Christmas nor her birthday. The only thing she was looking forward to was seeing the majority of her family. It was unlikely that Ron, Hermione and Harry would be around for Christmas and Charlie along with Nancy possibly wouldn't be either.

So far married life wasn't living up to the high expectations set in books and movies. Harley wasn't fazed though because she knew this wasn't a book or movie it was her real life. It did hurt sometimes when she woke up in the middle of the night after a bad dream or a sad dream and turned to see Bill who wasn't there and then looking down at her finger to see the rings he placed on there on August 1st.

"What's up, my daughter!" Asa cheered as he entered the house where Harley was just clearing away her bowl having eaten some cereal for breakfast. Asa and Dylan could see how much Harley missed being back in England despite loving being back in Egypt so they tried their hardest to keep the mood bright and cheery despite the unsettling, sombre dullness that weighed over the whole world in these times.

"Look, Ace, our lil' baby is in a cute lil red dress! Doesn't she look like a pearl!"

"Pearls are white dipshit," said Asa, "but he's right, Harley, you do look incredible."

"Thanks," she smiled softly as they sat down at the kitchen table, "drink?"

"Coffee please." The pair responded at the same time.

Harley nodded and began making three coffees because after the night she had she needed coffee to keep her awake. She had a long night of dreams about Bill which woke her around three am and caused tears to overtake her and hinder her from falling back to sleep. She just misses him so damn much! Why did she ever let them break p momentarily? Honestly, what was she thinking?

"Right, what are your plans for Christmas, Harley?"