15

Bill sighed and pressed his hands against his forehead as he flopped on the sofa.  It had been four days and still he was so angry at Harley. HOW DARE SHE KEEP THAT FROM HIM! He wasn't just angry he was outraged. He could tell why at school she had no friends if all she did was keep secrets from them. No Bill that was harsh. His inner-conscience said.  He's never that mean to someone,especially not a friend. 

Friend

Bill was her friend, probably her only one other than Asa. If you could count them as friends. Maybe he was just upset that she didn't tell him, but at the same time he could see where she was coming from. In all of his life he never went against his mothers words, if she asked him to do something he would do it, and that's just what Harley had done. Besides, if anyone knew Bill better than Bill, it was Molly, his mother. He had received a reply back from his letter to his parents and his mother had defended Harley as the girl was only following what Molly had asked, and he knew deep down she was right. He had always been so protective over his siblings as he was the oldest. He would take an unforgivable curse for anyone of them, no matter how annoying they could be, he would. He would be controlled, he would be tortured, he would be killed if it meant his siblings were safe. That's why he got angry for not knowing about the potential danger Percy, Fred, George, Ron and Ginny were in. Merlin, everyday he worries over Charlie's well being being a dragon tamer and all. 

However, he regrets snapping at Harley. He knows he has to make it up to her but he didn't know how. "What am I going to do?" He sighed. It was about two in the afternoon and it was the day both him and Harley had off, maybe he could go over and apologise and the two could do something today? His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. He sighed, once again, before hauling himself up off of the sofa and over to the door. Yet, by the time he opened it, nobody was there. He groaned and went to shut the door but when he glanced down he saw a two pots. He picked them up, confused, and retreated to the kitchen, placing them onto the side. 

He opened the bight blue pot to find some red velvet, iced cupcakes. In the other he found some chicken casserole. "Harley. . ."He murmured. He placed both pots in the fridge and grabbed his wallet, and keys before exiting the house. Even though the two were not speaking she still gave him some food she made. He knocked on her door, and when she opened it, her eyes widened,and she bit her lip to stop it from trembling. "Thank you." He said. Harley simply nodded, not knowing what to say. They both stood in silence, their gazes not meeting and awkwardness clinging to the air. "Uh, I'm sorry for how I acted. I shouldn't have spat at you like that, you were just respecting my mum's wishes."

Harley nodded. 

Bill went to turn around to go back to his house, not knowing what else to do, but her arm flung out and grabbed onto his and pulled him into the house, and towards the kitchen. She let go of the man before going into her fridge and retrieving four more tubs. Bill watched her in confusion as she handed them to him. "For you." She said quietly. 

The redhead went over to the table and placed the tubs down and looked inside of each. One pot had spaghetti bolognese in it, another lasagne, the next roast dinner and the last chicken and dumplings. "Harls, you really don't need to give me these."

"No, no. I made dinner and kept it spare just in case you came over." She said from where she was sat on the kitchen counter.

"Thank you." Bill smiled up at her. "But, you really shouldn't sit on the counter, you cook off of there." He added, reciting similar words that his mother once said to him. She hopped off of the counter before staring down at her thumbs wrestling each other. "Do you, maybe, want to go and do something? We can go into the nearest muggle town?"

Harley shook her head, "I can't I have some work to do."

"What work? It's your day off."

"I didn't finish writing something up yesterday and I need it done for tomorrow." Harley lied. 

"Okay." Said Bill, who had believed her. "I'll be going then. Thank you again for these tubs of food." 

Harley nodded again and watched the man exit the house. She sighed in relief and let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Bill may have apologised, but it would take a lot more for the memory of him spitting at her the way her parents did to be forgotten. And a lot more for her to see Bill as Bill and not her father once again.

                                                                                              SQUAWK! 

Ginger arrived in her window after being away for the past four days, a letter in his beak. "Hello good-boy, where have you been?" She cooed, rubbing behind his ear and handing him a treat once the letter was in her hand. Ginger took the treat before swooping into his open cage and going to sleep. Leaning against the kitchen counter Harley opened the neatly sealed letter. 

Dear Harley;

It's so great to hear from you, little one, I thought you had fallen off of the face of the earth. It's so weird thinking that you have been out of Hogwarts for seven years now! Time flies! Also, you live in Egypt?! That is amazing! I've heard that it is a wonderful country, full of history! And you're a curse breaker? Some smart little thing you are! (Merlin I must sound like a grandpa right now!)

I am doing fine, well as fine as one can be being a werewolf and things. Doesn't really set you up for a hopeful career-but I am managing. Dad is doing okay too, he retired only a few years back. Although, mum, I thought you knew about mum, she died, Harley about thirteen years ago. Dad sent a letter to your parents, they mustn't have told you. I'm so sorry you had to hear it this way, I know you and mum were very close when you used to visit. 

About your situation, just talk to him, and if he doesn't listen-make him listen- if that doesn't work, don't give him the time of day. You were doing what was asked of you and if he can't see that then to put it bluntly fuck him. Don't let him close to you, just tell him to fuck off. 

Other than that, how are you doing? Is there anyway you can come and visit soon? I would love to see you. Dad would too, in fact it was only the other day he was saying how much he misses you and would love to see you. When we received the letter, I was staying over for a few nights with him when your owl came over. (What's your owls name?) He didn't recognise the handwriting and when I told him who it was and showed him the letter he was so shocked to see that your scribble had turned out to be that neat, to put it lightly we were both flabbergasted. If you can, can you send over a picture of yourself? Dad would like to add to the collection of photographs on the mantle piece, I mean the last picture of you was when you were eight, although sixteen years is a bit of a gap that hopefully now that we are back in contact can be filled. 

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Just take my advice and if that Bill bloke doesn't see sense then forget him, the knob!

Lot's of Love, 

Remus 

x x x