50

A/n- We hit Chapter 50! Thank you all for you wonderful support! 💙🐬

The bonfire was lit, the sticks and marshmallows were on a chair ready to be used. Bill and Harley had a blanket over their legs as they snuggled up on a sun lounger that Bill had transfigured from a rock. The sun was setting leaving a mix of blue, pink, orange and red along with little sprinkles of stars that were slowly appearing in it. Soft music was playing lowly as the couple basked in the evening, laughing, talking, stealing kisses but most of all spending time together.

The couple had left enough room for some marshmallows after a filling dinner of chicken casserole- Bill's favourite. After washing the dishes and putting them away, the couple set up the garden and it was where they were now, just as Bill leaned over to get the marshmallows and sticks. "They're green sticks right?" Asked Harley, who was opening the packet of treats.

"Er-what? I just transfigured a few rocks into sticks, I didn't know there were any specific types." Bill confessed dimly.

Harley handed him the packet, swapping it for the sticks as she checked them. "If they're green sticks that mean they won't burn and aren't dead. If they aren't green they will burn." Bill was in awe, Harley was very smart in his eyes and even her giving the simplest fact brightened his day.

"You're too smart, you know that?"

"It's common knowledge, love. Not rocket science." Harley stated throwing three of the sticks away and keeping three which were green sticks. Bill was about to question her about what in Merlin's name was 'rocket science', but Harley stopped him. "Don't worry, it just means it's not that hard to know."

Bill shook his head in amusement and popped a marshmallow into his mouth before placing on in a stick and one on another for Harley. The woman rolled her eyes at him, jokingly, and took the stick from him, giving it over the fire. The flames danced and licked the marshmallow, moulding into the other flames and rolling like the waves of the sea. It was a lovely sight to see, how fire could hold such elegance but be a dangerous weapon. It was like a fox; such a beautiful animal but could easily kill you. Much like most animals really. Humans too.

Once the marshmallows we're lightly toasted the couple brought them away from the fire, steam radiating off of them as they blew onto them to cool them down. Once cool enough the pair pulled on the top of the marshmallow, the top coming off like a kid leaving melted gooey-ness to be exposed. They ate the treat and liked their finger clean of the mess before continued tight roasting and eating more and more.

Harley and Bill finished the packet and tossed the wrapped onto the fire, watching the packet shrivel up and burn, letting off many colours as it did. The leaned back and wrapped their arms around one another, the fire leaving a glow on their faces and illuminating the dark garden. Bill wasn't sure whether it was the fire or the feeling of his girlfriend in his arms that was leaving him warm and fuzzy but he didn't mind at all. Perhaps it was both. He wouldn't object to either.

"Do you want to read?" Bill asked as he picked up a book from beside him. "I picked this one out off of the shelf." He held it up, revealing The Boy in The Striped Pyjamas.

"That's a sad book, good, but sad." Harley stated taking it from him, "but it's one of my favourites." She snuggled into Bill's side, opening it up so that he could take hold of the right side of the book whilst she held the left. They once again read in sync, turning the page without even having to ask whether the other one was finished reading. It was unknown as to how it happened but it did, whether they realised it or not, Bill Weasley and Harley Lupin were in sync. What Professor Sybil Trelawny would say was a sign of love.

Did that mean they were in love?

No.

You want to know why? Because Trelawny isn't the best of seers. She has been tested as a phoney many times, yes she has made many preconditions that have come true but she one predicted the Harley would come face to face with someone of her past, in anger then in happiness.

That was nine years ago.

Has it happened?

No!

So was their synchronisation a sign of love? Possibly. For definite? Probably not. It was simply a coincidence that happened to them. Much like how Fred and George can speak at the same time, now that might be because they're twins, but they are two different people. And unbeknown to anyone else, they trained themselves to do it when they were younger, as a way to trick and annoy their family. It didn't just happen naturally. Unlike Bill and Harley's reading habits.

The pair were interrupted about an hour later by the new recruit who had stuck his head over the top of the garden fence. "Lovebirds!" He cooed, "This is cute- anyway, have you got any spare toilet paper? I'm all out and all of the local shops are shut."

Bill went to stand up but Harley stopped him, she pointed her wand at the dead sticks that she had thrown away from them earlier. She transfigured them into three rolls of toilet paper and tossed them at their neighbour. "Thank you! Why didn't I think of magic? I'm a wizard!" They could hear him mumbling as he entered his house.

"So weird." Stated Harley.