136

It was a false alarm. Neither Asa nor Dylan cheated on the other and instead they were playing a prank on Harley and Hill to try and lighten the mood which was ever so slowly darkening as the days went by. Of course, Harley sent an ear-piercing howler their way scolding them for their foolish and, not to mention, annoying behaviour.

She was definitely spending way too much time with Mrs Weasley. Not that it was such a bad thing, but it was indeed daunting for Bill. Next thing she might be trying to cut his hair! Little did he know, Harley liked his hair a bit too much to try and cut it.

"Guess what!" Harley called when Bill entered the flat after his shift.

"What?" Bill answered kicking off his shoes and sitting down on the sofa beside her. He kissed her head and glanced over at her book.

"I got a job," she smiled as she closed the book.

"Hey! I was reading that!" Bill tried to reopen Harley's book but had no success as she tossed it carelessly over her shoulder away from him.

"Will? Did you not hear what I just said?"

Bill leaned over the back of the sofa and stretched to try and reach for the book determined to read the rest of the page if not, the chapter. Harley sighed and stood up, she stormed off out of the living room flipping Bill off in annoyance. If he didn't care, she would go and tell someone who did. She slipped on her jacket and some shoes and exited the flat, slamming the door behind her in hopes that Bill would somewhat get the hint. Honestly, men are so annoying sometimes, she thought disapparating away from the flat to outside of 12 Grimmauld Place.

"Anyone home?" Harley called out entering the house. It's usually dark self seemed ever darker and she could just about make out her breath pooling out in clouds as it escaped her lips. Goosebumps rose on her skin and the hair stood tall as she ventured further down the hall towards the dining room where light usually greeted her. Except this time it didn't.

"Lumos," said Harley taking her wand out of her pocket and holding it out in front of her.

It was deadly silent, even Mrs Black's portrait didn't make a sound and Harley hoped that this was a prank being initiated by Sirius. However, as she looked closer and closer to the dining room, it didn't seem very likely. A cold shiver ran down her spine as she stepped over the threshold and her nostrils filled with the thick stench of alcohol.

"Well, well, well," a voice said from the shadows. Harley could just about make out the shape of a man but sadly her wand could not harness anymore light as she was too scared to utter 'Lumos maxima'.

"Ickle, wickle, Harliana," another voice said from the doorway to the kitchen.

Harley's grip on her wand loosened as her jaw dropped. The two people stepped forward out from the shadow and immediately she could not believe her eyes. Before her were her supposedly deceased parents, grinning wickedly at her, a juicy glint in their eyes.

"Oh look, she's afraid!" he father cooed walking shakily towards her as he couldn't keep his balance properly. Harley bit her tongue to try and not show any more emotion than what she was. He held out his finger toward her and it was like he had pressed a button which initiated her heavy, short breaths as her heartbeat picked up its pace.

"Darling, she's been naughty again," her mother said to her father.

"What has the little rat done now?" He spat, glaring at Harley as if she was dirt on the floor that he had stepped in and it had wrecked his shoes. He took a large stride towards her and she stumbled back, coiling away feeling as if she was eight years old once again.