60

Bill took his mother to the side later on in the evening whilst everyone else was doing their own things, chatting away, playing chess or sleeping, their stomachs filled to the brim with dinner and pudding. Molly was placing leftovers into tubs and putting them into storage for the next day whilst her eldest son leaned on the counter, offering his help when he could. "It's Harley's birthday tomorrow." He said out of the blue causing his mother to look up at him in shock.

"You should have said something sooner! I would have made her a cake! William!"She groaned getting flustered, her arms flapping everywhere. 

"Mum, I didn't say anything because she doesn't want to do anything, we discussed a couple of nights ago. She doesn't really want her birthday to be honest. She doesn't see the point of them. I just want to recognise that it is her birthday. She doesn't normally have anyone celebrate it with her and that's why I think she doesn't really care for her birthday. I want to do something special for her but I don't know what. I can't cook so I can't make her a special breakfast. I have a present for her but I want to make it extra special." Bill explained, his ears turning red as he spoke a smile on his face. 

Molly's heart melted as she watched her son speak about the young lady in the living room with his siblings and father. "I'm sure she would be happy with just a happy birthday said to her but you have got her a present, that will be enough. Harley doesn't seem the type to be ungrateful for anything, Bill, dear, even a kiss would suffice."

"I was going to give her one of those anyway-MOTHER!" Bill exclaimed whilst Molly smirked her eyebrows raised. "Fine, you got us, we're together."

"That's all I wanted to hear. Oh, I am so happy for you!" Molly fussed kissing his cheeks, "Now, I can move Charlie into Percy's room with him so you and Harley can have your space."

Bill shook his head, "Harley wouldn't want that mum, she doesn't like the idea of chucking Charlie out of his own room, trust me, I have already suggested it, but thank you for the offer. Now, what can I do for her?"

* * *

The next day after breakfast that Molly had prepared and birthday wishes from the family, Bill led Harley outside. "So you'll get your present later but first I want to show you something." He told her and held onto her hand, taking her on a walk around the grounds that surrounded the Burrow. 

"Okay...?"Harley laughed, "You really didn't have to get me a present."

"Yes, I did. What kind of monster do you think I am, however, I doubt it will be able to top your gifts to me." Bill replied picking up his pace and nearly dragging Harley along with him. 

"Okay slow down, mate, little legs over here can't keep up!" She exclaimed and it was then that he noticed she was practically running to keep up with his large steps. Bill slowed down and tugged at his scarf that was near enough choking him. They walked for a good fifteen minutes before Bill stopped in front of a large hedge. "Nice hedge, boo, I like the leaves."

"Boo? I'm not going to ask." Bill pushed through some leaves and pulled Harley through with him and once they emerged on the other side they came across a large tree, and a surrounding field. "We're here." The pair leaned against the tree, sitting down on the cold grass. 

"This is nice, very tranquil," Harley commented, unlike anyone who would have asked why the hell they were at a deserted tree in the middle of nowhere.

"I know. It's where I used to come when I was younger to breathe and have a break. I love my family but as you probably know now, it can get quite hectic. None of them know it is here. I...erm come here every Christmas since I fund it when I was eight and I mark my height. I don't know why I just do. 

I wanted to share this with you, this tree holds so many memories. I've cried here, I've danced, I've sung, I've talked to myself. It's like a safe haven, I can let my feelings out and not get scared that anyone will judge. I've brought you here because I don't need this tree anymore because...because I have you. 

You're my safe haven now, but I'd quite like to continue my little tradition and I just wondered if you'd like to join me. It's our first Christmas together as a couple and despite us not getting taller, I still want to mark our heights. It doesn't just show how much I have grown physically but it shows how much I have grown as a person and I also want it to show how much we will grow, as a couple that is."

Whilst Bill was speaking Harley was tracing the carvings in the trunk of the tree and listening, her glove covered-hand pressed to her mouth. She turned to face Bill who was staring at her, "I would love to." She smiled and he joined her, "You first, Will."

Bill pressed his back against the tree, standing up straight and Harley used her wand to carve a line where his head finished. She also carved the initials W.A.W and his age next to it. It was then her turn and Bill did the same. "Thank you." He muttered. 

"Why are you thanking me? I should be thanking you."

"Because you've changed my life, allowed me to confide in someone and let me into your life. I couldn't ask for any more, Harley.  And I do hope you enjoy your birthday because I want you to be nothing but happy." Bill said sincerely, his eyes searched the woman's and she smiled up at him. 

"I'm going to be a cringey bitch but I don't care, because I am so bloody happy as long as I am with you, Bill. I haven't changed your life that much compared to how much you have changed mine and this has been the best year of my life and the best birthday ever and it's only the morning. I don't care about presents or anything big, just you wishing me a happy birthday is all I want, you are all I want."

Bill pressed his lips to hers for a short moment. "Now for your present." He smiled and grasped her hand apparating back to the Burrow. "Stay here." He instructed her as she waited in the living room stripping off her coat, gloves and scarf. All of the Weasley's except Bill and Charlie were in the room, Bill calling the twins to go to him not so long after. Hartley sat beside Percy who was studying a map. 

Charlie and the twins entered the room dragging a large box behind them, Bill nowhere in sight. "He said to open it before he comes in." Said Charlie before sitting down next to the twins. 

Harley nodded and pulled off the tape and allowing the box to spring open, Bill jumping out grinning. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"He yelled, throwing confetti at her. She and the rest of his family burst out laughing. 

"Thank you." She replied grinning and helping him out of the box. 

Bill looked at her seriously, "You didn't actually think I was your present, did you? I mean I partly am but not the full presentation." Harley nodded unsurely. "Go look in the box."

She poked her head in to find two little presents wrapped up. She picked one out and tore off the wrapper revealing a spray bottle. She read the side confused before laughing, "Haha, very funny, thank you." She held up the cannister of 'Bat repellent'. Bill smirked and urged her to open the second one, inside was a red and gold beaters bat with signatures on the side. "Holy mother of Merlin! You got me a signed bat by different beaters from the Irish national team?!"

Bill nodded, "You like?" 

"No. I love!" She grinned and hugged him tightly, "Thank you so much! This going to be mounted in a case on the living room wall!"

"I don't doubt that at all, I'm glad you like it."

"Best birthday ever." She stated admiring the bat.