72

May had arrived and on their day off Bill was finally meeting Lyall and Remus Lupin, upon request of Lyall. He had written her a letter claiming that he had been patient and that he wanted to meet Bill.

Bill was more than happy with meeting Harley's family and she was happy too, she just only hoped that Remus wouldn't turn all mother-bear on her and hide her away from him. When he was younger he spoke to a young Harley one day, and had the boyfriend talk.

With a five year old.

Remus sat with Harley in his lap in the cupboard under the stairs, his legs outstretched and Harley playing with her dragon toy in her hands.

"Will Siri marry Maddie?" Asked Harley out of nowhere.

Remus laughed at his younger cousin and lifted up a teddy bear from beside him and began to have the dragon and teddy fight. "I don't know, why do you ask?"

She smashed the dragon into the teddy and smiled, "because they love each other. And people who love each other marry each other."

"Yeah But I love and we won't get married. Sometimes people who love each other don't get married."

Harley furrowed her eyebrows, "but I want to marry you, Remmy. I love you and you love me, why can't I marry you?" She took the teddy from his hands and he re adjusted her in his lap, resting his head on her shoulder.

"Because we're cousins. Not to mention, one day you might want to marry someone else." Remus replied, running his hands through her blond hair and tying it into a pony tail.

"Who?" She asked him looking up with her large blue eyes staring at him.

He shrugged, "I don't know. Whoever it is, I will make sure they look after you because if they don't they will be kicked very hard in the bum."

Harley giggled, "if Siri and Maddie don't get married, can I marry Siri then?"

Remus laughed again, "I think you'll have to ask him and Maddie that, little one."

"But you said Siri and Maddie won't get married!"

"No, I said they might not. They are only young, Harley." Remus told her, "Besides, why would you want to marry Sirius? He smells!"

She shook her head, "no he doesn't! Siri is funny and kind, and a drama queen! I like Siri!"

"What about James and Peter?"

"I like them too! But Siri more, don't tell them I said that though." She whispered as if they were in the house.

"Oh no, Harley. I think I have too! I can't keep secrets from them!" Harley dropped her toys and stood up, falling back onto his lap in a different position. "Oomph."

"Don't! I love them! I love them!"

"Yes, stay like that, Harley, good girl. You don't need a boyfriend do you?"

She shook her head, "no! I got you, Siri, Maddie, Jamie and Pete!"

"Lily?"

"And Lily! And Allie, and Eva and Marley and Mary and Fwank!" She rambled rendering to Alice, Evangeline, Marlene, Mary and Frank. Remus' other friends.

"Good! Them good. Boyfriend bad!"

"Boyfwend bad!"

Harley laughed at the memory as she and Bill arrived outside of her uncles house. "You ready?" Asked Harley, turning to Bill.

He nodded, "Yeah." He replied, "are you?"

"Of course." She smiled and knocked on the door.

Instantly it swung open as if Lyall had been stood there waiting for them to knock. He smiled at his niece, kissing her on the cheek hello and turned to Bill.

"Finally, it's lovely to meet you, son." He grinned shaking Bill's hand.

"Lovely to meet you to, Mr Lupin."

Lyall waved him off, "Please, call me Lyall. Remus is in the living room. Come in, come in!" He gushed opening the door wider and stepping out of the way. Harley let Bill enter first and Lyall whispered in her ear, "You got a handsome one, darling."

Harley snicker nodding, before leading Bill into the living room. Remus stood up and flattened his cardigan out, standing up straighter to try and seem taller than Bill. "Remus, this is Bill. Bill this is Remus."

Bill held his hand out for Remus to shake, "Pleasure to meet you." He smiled.

Remus nodded, shaking his hand. "As it is you."

Harley face palmed at the sight of Remus studying Bill very carefully, gripping his hand tightly. "Okay, you said you liked him through letter. Act like it!" She exclaimed at her cousin.

He coughed and let go of Bill's hand, "Right, sorry. It's not everyday I meet a boyfriend of Harley's."

"I should hope not, otherwise I would have to question her quite a bit." Bill laughed slightly, and instantly Remus began to warm up to the man.

Lyall clapped his hands together, "Sit! Sit! We don't have furniture for just looking at."

"Yes because that is the function of it, Uncle Lyall. Furniture, made for looking and not using!" Harley joked, Lyall sending her a knowing look. She quickly sat down pulling Bill with her and Remus sat on her other side.

Whilst Lyall sparked a conversation with Bill, Remus leaned into Harley and whispered, "I thought we agreed, boyfriend bad?"

"We did. When I was five and wanted to marry you and your friend. I though you liked Bill!"

Remus nodded, "he seems alright. Very...ginger."

"And so is the rest of his family."

"I know! Why do you and Belle like them?"

Harley snorted, "Just face it Remus, you are going to be surrounded by Weasley's. You haven't got any other daughters to date George, Percy, Charlie and Ron have you?"

Remus sighed, "thankfully not. At least Bill is better than Fred!" He exclaimed rather loudly.

"I should hope I am! I don't know why my mother didn't just stop after me!"

"I wish she did. Then I wouldn't have to worry about your brother and my daughter." Remus grumbled.

Bill's eyes widened, "So Belle actually agreed to date him?" Remus nodded. "Did he pay her?"

"Bill!"