143

When Bill returned home the next day, he didn't believe that Harley would have actually left. He believed, no. He hoped that he would come back to find her baking so many treats and would have done some other things as an apology because that is what she always did when she felt bad or was apologising.

Yes, Bill was angry yesterday. Yes, he couldn't comprehend what she had said at first but after getting out of the house and spending the night at the Leaky Cauldron, he was able to think over everything. And despite him telling her to leave, he hoped she hadn't.

It seemed cold when he entered the flat and he was right away drawn to the bedroom. It looked bare. All of Harley's things were gone, no random bras hanging on the cupboard door handles, no stray knickers on the floor, no little plants, fake and real, on the windowsill. All gone. The beaters bats were gone and so were the banners and posters. But in the bed was a folded piece of paper with her ring resting on top of it.

Bill picked up the ring and played with it between the pads of his finger tips. It shone in the dim light and it was cold. Clutching it, he opened the paper as he rested on the bed.

Dear Bill,

The words I am about to write and the words you are about to read will never, ever amount to the level of love and adoration I have for you. You are the most wonderful and charming man that I have ever come to meet and that shall never change. For the rest of my life you will have a place in my heart which only you will ever fill. A special place. A place where you will be for eternity and nobody and nothing will ever take that from me. For you turned my life upside down and showed me how to love again.

Growing up, as you know, I didn't have much of a loving family. Not full time anyway. I had my aunt, uncle and Remus but they were not always there, and were not there at all for over a decade courtesy of my parents. The most part of my childhood was spent alone and I forgot what it felt like to love. To have someone who genuinely cares for me and makes me want to wake up in the morning, even though I always want to continue sleeping. Then when you arrived in Egypt, you showed me the light. You showed me how to love and made me fall in love with you and your family. It enabled me to reconnect with my uncle and Remus. You brought love back into my life in so many different ways. For that I am forever grateful.

To even think about yesterday breaks me. I never want you to ever feel as if I do not love with you. I never want you to think that I do not feel the same away about you that you do I. For I am truly, madly, deeply and utterly in love you. From you looks, to your personality, to your voice, to your everyday routine, I love the bones of you.

Our marriage, or what should have been our marriage, meant the world to me.

As a child, I know most girls dream of their wedding day, what style dress they want, the flavour of the cake, to even the napkins on the tables. I never did. I never thought I could ever fall in love with someone let alone be engaged to marry someone. But the minute you asked me on that winters night by the Thames, suddenly my mind filled with the dreams of marrying you. Each day I would have different ideas of that day and I was so excited to get to experience it with you. I valued it so much. So so so much.

The words I was trying to say sounded right in my head but got muddled when I spoke them. I wanted to say that I think it's okay for them to marry when they are because it is their big day and they shouldn't have to dictate it to us. For if that was us would we want to marry whenever we want to. Our Wedding is a big deal, and so is theirs. They deserve all of the happiness that comes to them just like we did. I would feel horrible if I was to not be happy for them. Our Wedding day was a big deal to me, I cannot stress this enough. And no matter who else got married before or after us, it would have been the biggest deal of my life so far but I couldn't rip that happiness from them.

I hope you understand this now. I understand why you were angry. You had every right to be, my speech skills were far from adequate and sounded so harsh and I hope that you can understand that if I could go back and change yesterday I would.

Bill, I will always love you. You had the biggest impact on my life and I love you so bloody much I don't think words could ever do it justice.

I hope that one day another woman will love you as much as I do and that you both get the wedding day of a lifetime. You will make an amazing husband and I'm sure whoever you fall in love with will be the best wife you could ever ask for. For now, I shall leave you alone and let that happen. You deserve the world, Bill, the whole damned universe in fact. And I don't think I'll ever be able to give you that but I would have tried my hardest and have done so since we first became a couple but I know now that trying isn't enough for someone as amazing as you. But I thank you for giving me the chance you did. I'm sorry that I couldn't love you as much as you deserved but I wish you all the love and the happiness in the world.

Love you eternally,

Harley x