10

Bill led his parents down the dirt track road towards the tombs he worked in. He had already offered to transfigure a pair of shorts for his mother but she insisted to wear her normal dresses, and a hat they had purchased on the way.
He had made sure they both had some water and food, that Molly had cooled last night, which was different to the food Harley cooked. Of course, her cooking was great but nothing compared to food his mother made or the food at Hogwarts. Hers was a close third.
The three had made it to where Harley was going to meet them, the bench close to the tomb Harley first showed Bill, the day that he had arrived. The three sat on the bench waiting for the blonde woman who emerged moments later from the tomb. "Ah! Mum, Dad this is Harley, she is going to take us on a tour of the sites as she has been here longer than me and knows more than me." Bill smiled as he stood up to introduce her.

"Oh, hello dear. It's lovely to meet you." Molly exclaimed hugging the girl.

"You too, Mr and Mrs Weasley." She replied once Molly had released her.

"Please call us Arthur and Molly." Arthur shook her hand.

"Okay. Right are you all ready?" Harley clapped her hands together, looking at
Bill.

He nodded, "I think we are."

Harley led the three into the first tomb. "This is the one of The Pyramids of Giza which are among the world's most famous architectural monuments. In ancient times the Greeks included the Great Pyramid among the Seven Wonders of the World." She began, as she lit her wand.
"The Egyptians themselves took an interest in the pyramids, restoring the adjacent buildings as late as 1,000 years after they were originally built. Yet in spite of the tremendous awe and curiosity that the pyramids inspire, they are limited sources for the writing of history. The pyramids attest that the Fourth Dynasty, 2625–2500 b.c, must have been a period of strong central government, religious vitality, and technological innovation."

She stopped every so often to make sure the Weasley's were fine, and that they understood, otherwise she explained the history a little better afterwards. "Oh by the way, this is bit is a little bit of a tight squeeze. Isn't that right Bill?" She snorted at the memory.

"Oh, yeah! Mum, Dad you may want to go single file, I go behind you both to make sure you are okay." Bill added before scooching behind his parents.

"Ooh Arthur dear, you can go before me."

"No, no, my love, women first." He winked a Bill who could just about see the action with the light from his wand. Molly nodded and followed after Harley.

"Okay, where was I?" Harley asked, "Oh yeah! Yet the details of these historical trends must be derived from the physical remains of buildings rather than from written texts. In the Fourth Dynasty the Egyptians had not yet started inscribing extended biographical texts in their tombs, a practice of the Sixth Dynasty 300-400 years later, that provides historical details in the later period. None of the extensive records that scholars believe once existed about the administration of the pyramids in the Fourth Dynasty have survived into modern times. None of the records that the Egyptians maintained for their own knowledge of their history have survived except for records of a much later period."

"Shit!" Bill hissed as he tripped over a stray rock.

"William!" Molly exclaimed. "Language."

"Sorry mum, I tripped."

"Everything okay?" Harley turned around.

"Yes, sorry dear. Carry on." Molly replied, smiling at her.

"Okay. In a few moments we can have a rest as we are at the heart of the tomb then. Nearly everything that can be inferred in modern times about the Fourth Dynasty stems from modern knowledge of the pyramids at Giza, except for very limited information from short inscriptions in nobles' tombs. A careful look at the plans and details of each building is necessary in order to reconstruct the history of this period. The only supplementary material comes from the Greek historian Herodotus who visited the pyramids in the middle of the fifth century b.c." Harley continued before allowing the Weasley's to sit in the stone bench that was situated in the centre.

"You sure know your stuff." Arthur noted taking out some sandwiches from his bag, and some water.

"I have had to take many tours around the tombs so I just remember lot's of things." Harley shrugged taking a swig of her water.

Molly looked curiously at Harley before saying, "I know this may seem rather odd, but you look familiar. Have we met before?"

"Oh, Charlie and I were in the quidditch team and so was Harley, mum and we also used to say goodbye on the platform you may remember her from that." Bill answered.

"Oh yes, I remember now. But you look like somebody we know as well, doesn't she Arthur." Molly nudged her husband who nodded. "Do we know your parents?"

"I'm not too sure. However, I think you may have been in school when my cousin was at Hogwarts." Harley replied biting into her sandwich.

"Who is your cousin?" Arthur asked.

Harley stated, "Remus Lupin."

"Oh yes! We weren't  a school with him, but we did know him. Merlin you do look like his father a lot." Molly exclaimed.

"Thank you?" She answered but it came out as more of a question.

Harley showed the Weasley's around multiple tombs, and told the history and facts on many, also make funny comments about Bill and him working in Egypt, also pulling faces at him every so often. Of course, this made Molly grin broadly form ear-to-ear. Needless to say she was going to have a word with her son when the tours were finished.