38

A/n- a new drawing of Harley, I definitely prefer this one that I did in science, especially the eyes

A/n- a new drawing of Harley, I definitely prefer this one that I did in science, especially the eyes. What do you think?

Harley woke up the next morning in the spare room of her uncle's house. The smell of bacon filled the air as she groaned, stretching as her back cracked. She wiped the sleep out of her eyes and fell out of the bed and dragged herself to her feet. She trudged down the stairs and into the kitchen greeting her uncle who was setting two plates of bacon sandwiches onto the table. "Morning." She grumbled still waking up.

Lyall smiled, "Morning sweetheart, take a seat and have breakfast. Remus had to go early, he had to get some things done." Her uncle kissed her forehead and sat beside her bringing out a copy of the daily prophet. "I swear Rita Skeeter writes about any old crap, just like her mother."

Harley raised both eyebrows nodding in agreement, "Of course she does, the more crap she writes about the better paid she gets. It's ridiculous, honestly. I am just glad that there are some other stories in the paper that are not written by her." The girl chomped on her sandwich licking the excess tomato sauce that fell onto her lips instead of in her mouth. Her mind fell onto a conversation she had with Bill about the Pollard brothers torturing the muggles and a witch who was familiar to her. "Lyall, do you know of an Evangeline Smith?"

The man placed the newspaper down in confusion before clearing his throat, "Yes." He replied, "Why do you ask?"

"I just read about some men torturing her and her name rang a bell. Who is she?" Harley questioned swallowing the last piece of her sandwich.

"Well, she was a friend of Remus'. More so of Madison's, you remember Madison right? Remus' best friend, well girl best friend, girlfriend of Sirius, his other friend. Anyway, she went on to become a healer. She's fine now, trust me. Anyway, why were you reading about the Pollards?"

Harley didn't know if she could mention anything about what the goblins had asked them to do, and then it would look suspicious simply reading about them. Therefore she lied like she has done so many times before. "The name just came up in a book, then Evangeline Smith's. I recognised the name and thought I'd ask."

Lyall nodded and cleared away the plates. "I better get on with some gardening." He announced.

"And I better get going."

Lyall stopped in his tracks. "Why so soon?"

"I have work to do as well. I will come back as soon as I can though or you can visit sometime. Thank you for letting me stay." She said, "I just better get ready and back to Egypt."

Lyal brought his niece into a hug, kissing her head. "Remus told me everything, that's why I may seem off with you at the moment. I am just trying to get my head wrapped around everything. It's awful because it makes so much sense. If I'd have known you wouldn't have stayed there, you would have lived here full time, you know that, but you also know that Hope would have slapped them so hard they would have ended up in Australia. You know that right? You know that you can come to us for anything? Anything at all."

"I know, thank you. I love you."

"And I love you, so much." Lyall sniffed, "Now go on, no keeping your man waiting." He laughed lightly. She spun around in shock. "Oh don't think he left that out."

* * *

Harley returned home and dropped her bags in the kitchen, shoving her dirty laundry into the washing machine before dropping herself onto her sofa. She didn't know what the Weasley's were doing so started to prepare food for her dinner that she would cook later. Later came quickly, however, and she was midway through cooking when arms wrapped around her waist and her neck was kissed. "What are you doing here?" She asked looking up slightly.

"Mum's busy cooking dinner and the others are doing their own thing, I just thought I 'd pop in to say hello," Bill replied hugging her tighter. "How was England?"

She shrugged, "Not bad." Harley placed the stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon on a tray and then into the oven, spinning around to face Bill, after washing her hands of course.

"That's a lie, come on tell me the truth." He said his thumb running across her cheekbones, "You've cried. I can still see some redness."

She glanced down before looking back up, "It was just hard being back at my parent's house then going to my uncles. That's all. I'm fine honestly."

Bill nodded and pulled her further into his chest. He caressed her head and back as she trailed her fingers over his back. Her tracing sent shivers down his spine and made goosebumps form on his arms and his hair stick up. He tangled his fingers in her blonde locks pressing his lips to hers. They danced together and Harley ended up sitting on the kitchen counter. They broke away when a knock sounded on the door simultaneously when the egg timer for her cooking chimed, notifying Harley to start cooking the vegetables. As Bil went to answer the door, Harley hopped off of the side and she went into the freezer and brought out some peas and added them into the same saucepan as already chopped up carrots and broccoli.

"Mum said you were over here, dinner is ready and Harley can join us." She heard Charlie say.

"I'll be over in five, Harley do you want to hav this tomorrow or something and join us or... "

Harley smiled, "Thank you for the offer but, you have dinner as a family. I'll have mine."

Charlie nodded and clapped his brother on the shoulder before heading off back to the other house. Bill shut the door and turned back to his girlfriend. "Are you sure?"

"Will, I'm sure. Now go have dinner with your family." She pushed him towards the door and kicked his bum. "go!" She cried in laughter.

"Alright! I'm gone!"

A/N- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 10K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!