122

* * *

* * *

Harley knew it was the Hogsmeade Trip that weekend for students and that meant she could check on Belle properly. The two cousins exchanged letters but Harley couldn't help but worry that Belle was leaving out the whole story.

Arriving in the village, the blonde tucked her hands in her pockets and wandered around in search for her younger cousin, or a redhead that could lead her to Belle. The hustle and bustle caused by students who were excited to get off of school grounds for a few hours brought back happy memories for Harley. Despite not really having a close knit group of friends to hang around with, Harley still enjoyed a leisurely visit to the village during her time at Hogwarts. It also made her reminisce of the time her and Bill went on a date early on in their relationship, within the village. Wow, they had come so far!

It was nearly one o'clock and Harley was rather parched and fancied a drink. She was well aware of how tightly packed the Three Broomsticks would be at that time and made her way round to the Hogshead, a rather gaunt, harrowing pub a little further isn't the village. Despite its appearance and albeit the regular customers it was a rather enjoyable pub one of which hardly any students gathered in. Or so she thought.

Upon entering, Harley headed straight for the bar to order a butterbeer, whilst waiting her eyes travelled around the pub which she hadn't been in for a quite a while and just as the mug of butterbeer was sloshed onto the counter three hooded figures caught her attention.

Nodding her appreciation to the barman, Harley slyly headed towards the three. She plonked herself down beside one of the boys which snapped them into silence but also made them jump. "Nice disguises kiddos, nothing what Tonks can do but a decent effort." She smiled tugging down Harry's hood, Ron and Hermione following suit.

"Bloody hell, Harley, you made us jump!" Exclaimed Ron, "you couldn't have said 'ello first?"

Harley snickered, "where's the fun in that, Ron? So, what are you three hiding from?" Hermione looked at Harry with expectant eyes and Ron turned to the window whistling. "Harry?"

"Tell her Harry." Hermione urged.

Harley turned to Harry and gently placed her arm around his shoulders, "What's going on, darling?" She asked him quietly.

"He's having nightmares." Hermione decided to tell her. "And not the usual type that you can get over."

Harley hugger Harry tightly, "Oh, sweetheart, have you told Sirius?" Hardy nodded his head, "it's him. It can't be anyone else."

"Vol-"

"Yes," winced Hermione, whom seemed to not like saying the evil creatures name very much.

"Right, I'll be back." Harley kissed his forehead and hurried out of the pub leaving the three rather confused and awkward.

"Why'd you tell her?" Harry asked Hermione, "she has enough to deal with!"

Ron shook his head, "she needed to know. Harley can help, mate."

"But with everything-"

"Harry, Harley is fine, now just let her help. After all, it's not everyday you see her so accept it all before she has to go back to Egypt." Hermione instructed him.

"Actually, 'Mione, Ginny got a letter from mum, Harley's moved to England and is living with Bill, so we'll see 'er more often."

Hermione ignored Ron and glanced over to where Harley was climbing back through the pub door a bag in her hand. She returned to the three and placed the bag onto the table before Harry. "Dreamless sleep tea, one cup before you go to bed and you won't dreams whilst you sleep. Trust me, these have helped me plenty of times." Harry thanked Harley gratefully, although he doubted that they would really help him.

"So, what actually brings you to Hogsmeade?" Ron Asked her, "sick of my brother already?"

Harley shook her head, "I'll tell him you said that, mush. But no, I'm actually here to check on Belle and see if Fred is driving her crazy yet. If you see her will you let her know that I'm looking for her? I best leave you three alone, you look like you have important business to deal with. Harry, let me know if anything else happens. Okay?"

The three nodded and bade Harley goodbye as she left them alone. Harley searched the streets for Belle. She didn't actually drink her butterbeer coming to think of it, but oh well, she was sure Ron or someone would enjoy it for her. She thought quickly to a place which would be like heaven to the twins and bounded to Zonko's joke shop where, just as she thought, the twins, Belle and Lee Jordan? Or so she believes, we're exiting, Belle holding onto Fred's hand with his scarf around her neck.

George was the first to spot his future sister-in-law and he waved her over. "Are you that tired of Bill, you had to come and seek some sanity?" He smirked.

"Yes, because if I wanted sanity I would come to you idiots!" Harley rolled her eyes sardonically. "No im actually here to see you guys not be abused by you."

"Dang." Lee looked her up and down, his eyes widened. "Harliana Lupin, my eyes have been blessed!"

Fred slapped him up the back of the head, "Bill will kill you for hitting on his fiancée!" He told his friend whose smirk only grew wider.

"A competition? How delightful."

Harley looked to Belle with her eyes wide. "Belle, can I talk to you without these three for a bit?"

Belle looked at Fred and then back at her cousin, nodding her head she released Fred's hand and followed Harley over to a bench. "What's up?" Belle Asked her.

"How are you?"

"I'm okay, I feel a lot better if I'm honest. No Enoch. And other than Umbridge everything is good." Belle told her, fiddling with the fraying ends of Fred's scarf that Molly must have knitted for him.

Harley grinned, "that's good. As for Umbridge, just try and stay out of trouble. I know that's difficult with Fred and George but try your best. If you're in her good side she should leave you alone."

"I try that but trouble is Fred and George's middle names." The girl laughed, "and dating one of them means I'm in on it too."

"That's true," Harley nodded and brought Belle into a hug, "so long as you are okay, that's good. Also, how am I doing? I'm normally the youngest so I need some feedback on this older cousin thing?"

"You're brilliant, Harley and to be honest I don't see you as a cousin, I see you as an older sister. I've always wanted a sister."

"Well, that brings me lots of happiness! I've always wanted a sibling too, granted it was an older brother but I can settle for a younger sister if you'll have me?"

"Obviously, we have to be each other's sanity, after all we are with Weasley brothers!"

"Hey! You love me!" Fred Exclaimed from a few metres away. "You couldn't live without me, Bella!"

"Well..."

Fred raised his eyebrows and Bel broke off into a run with her boyfriend chasing her. It brought Harley lots of joy to see Belle happy once again, the young girl had gone through so much in the past few months and to see her in this way was brilliant. She was so glad that both of them, the Lupin girls were getting their lives back on track. Thank Merlin!

A/n- I need some help coming up with a title for the sequel to Afraid. It is about pre first wizarding war & leading up to the second w/ Madison and Sirius. So if y'all could offer some suggestions it would be much appreciated and you will be credited! 🧡🧡